January 2015 Moms
Options

Who's rocking maternity clothes?

2»

Re: Who's rocking maternity clothes?

• Options

nope not yet.  All my clothes still fit.  Plus it's summer so maxi skirts are winners in my book.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MaebbMaebb member

Not ashamed to admit I am still wearing maternity panties from my first pregnancy (delivered Nov 2012). They are the most wonderful soft comfortable undies you will ever find. I will never go back.

I never wore maternity panties when I was pregnant with DS. Just this kind:

https://www.victoriassecret.com/panties/bikinis/no-show-sexy-bikini-panty-body-by-victoria?ProductID=187818&CatalogueType=OLS

And I looked just like that in them too. Right...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's my first pregnancy and I'm only 9 weeks in, but I really want to buy maternity jeans and shorts now! None of my jeans fit well (@JellicalParker‌ I second the un-button-while-driving) and that's what I'm used to wearing. I'm thinking of raiding my local thrift stores to save money. I might go this weekend. Just because I have a bun in the oven doesn't mean I need to wear the muffin :P
  • Options
    I busted them out today. #noshame

To be fair, I put them away in August when I had my last baby, but IMO my uterus hasn't really recovered... I'm showing a lot sooner. So. Fkn. Bloated.
  • Options
    Not wearing maternity but for the most part I no longer wear anything that doesn't have an elastic waist and my tops are all pretty loose. I recently bought a pair of elastic waist jean shorts and DH was teasing about "rockin the MOM jeans". I just kind of tilted my head and said "well duh, why do you think that is?"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am in some, but only because my sister had 4 kids worth of maternity clothes to give me, and sometimes, its nice to have a looser fit, even though I'm not really there yet. I'm not a small woman, I have a pretty big frame and its not like I'm in any way toned, so I know that has something to do with it, but most of my clothes are loose fitting in general, so if I didn't have someone to give me free maternity clothes, I'd make it work with what I had.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH & I: met 07/07 dating 08/07 engaged 12/09 married 09/11
    EDD Jan 9, 2015

June Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Dad -
    Phil Dunphy from Modern Family

• Options
    At 12 weeks and a second pregnancy, I feel like I'm starting to show. I'm glad it's the summer and I basically live in dresses. I did break down and buy a pair of maternity jeans from ON but I don't think I'm quite ready for them yet. The day I wore them I felt like I was always pulling them up. At least I know I have them in reserve!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    mc0113mc0113 member
    I'm trying to hold out. I've been wearing my normal summer dresses so far. I think they'll last me until the end of Summer when I'll be closer to 24 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The second I found out I was pregnant I pulled out the maternity pants. Ahhhh so comfy :x
  • Options
    I am totally rocking the maternity clothes. I have to dress nice everyday (I work at a courthouse) and those dress pants with the panel feel amazing. I hate dress clothes anyways and now that they are starting to get uncomfortable around the belly I need to do something. Also, my high heels have gone bye bye. It's all about the dress sandal and flats.
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    So I have walked into the store and looked around...have not moved to purchasing the stuff yet.  Hmmm I guess I should start looking into this Belly Band.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    babyzap20babyzap20 member
    edited June 2014
    So I have walked into the store and looked around...have not moved to purchasing the stuff yet.  Hmmm I guess I should start looking into this Belly Band.
    I actually was going to look into the Belly Band but I keep hearing bad things about it...I might still try it though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    I'm 11.5 weeks and all of my pants are too tight in the waist. I have a bella band but it's honestly not that comfortable to me. I've been wearing tons of dresses but my chest has gotten bigger too, so a lot of my dresses are becoming a problem as well. I'm going to start buying some more stuff soon, but I don't think I'm big enough for the maternity bottoms yet....

I have to dress very professionally for work so this is becoming a big problem. I just want to wear yoga pants all day.
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks and had to put my pants away... but shirts/dresses still fit fine. It's just the pants. I didn't buy a belly band, I'm sure that would have helped, but I personally like the elastic waist band, so comfy!! I'm mainly sticking to dresses though
    Baby Girl, due 12-31-14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    motherboy said:
    Not ashamed to admit I am still wearing maternity panties from my first pregnancy (delivered Nov 2012). They are the most wonderful soft comfortable undies you will ever find. I will never go back.
    I have never heard of maternity panties before. How are they different? I am picturing the granniest of granny panties.
    My grand mother was so insistent with my first pregnancy that I needed some and to use my aunts' hand-me-down ones. Um.. GROSS!!! I never ended up getting any and didn't have any problems wearing my regular VS cotton ones through out both of my pregnancies. I plan to do the same this time around too.
  • Options
    As far as other maternity clothes, I'm hoping to wait until fall. I still have a pair of shorts from my last one, but of course they are a size too small and wouldn't do my any good. My clothes are actually starting to feel loose now that I have the bloating under control. I'm actually loosing weight about a pound a week. I started about 25 over where I want to be and this ms is forcing me to make healthier food choices.
  • Options
    kursemkursem member

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and i'm already showing a bump - I was kinda overweight in my belly to begin with though :)  Is it still baby weight if my daughter is almost 5? LMAO.

I hate most of the maternity shirt because i hate those ties in the back, so i'm avoiding those for now (i have a ton though).  I already busted out the pants though - I either wear maternity pants with the bella band (in case they are a little loose) or regular pants unzipped with the bella band.  Either way it's super comfy.  I worked retail during my last pregnancy and now I'm executive level in a traditional office environment, so I'm going to need some new stuff.  I just found my new favorite resale site - I spent i think $70 and got 3 pairs of work pants (2 new!), a maxi dress, cardigan, and a book and a baby hat (LOL i know impulse purchases)!  The brands are pea in the pod, japanese weekend, old navy and motherhood so I know it'll be quality stuff too.  Score! 

PS does anyone else think maternity clothes are the biggest racket in the world? They are so freakin expensive!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

For those of you who have the Bella bands, are they true to size? I am a size 4 and so bought the size 1 following the sizing directions, but when I got it, it felt tight - it was more uncomfortable than keeping my pants buttoned! I couldn't imagine wearing it once I actually have a belly.

I can't decide if they're just tight so they stay on or if I'll be more comfortable if I  return them and go up a size. Do you guys have any input/wisdom to share? I bought the thing online and wish I could have tried it on first.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kursemkursem member
    i believe i bought up a size from what the size chart recommended on the bella bands - will check tonight when i get home as today it's maternity pants...LOL

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ADALLASBRIDE‌ where did you get your capris and shorts from? I just got some from kohls online - and oh my gosh! Sooooo comfy! I'm wearing the denim shorts today!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • Options
    I got the belly band that Target sells and it's been great. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and my pants are a little uncomfortable. It moves a bit, I don't really like that, but it holds my pants up and they aren't so tight.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cabbeebycabbeeby member
    edited June 2014
    I think the belly band from target is a little on the small side.  I bought what was indicated and it is pretty tight and rides up, exposing my unzipped pants (eek!).  It might work better if I had bought a size up but I dunno.

I ordered the belly button band online with a coupon code (2 for the cost of shipping... it was around $13 total) and I think I like that better.  It buttons onto your pants so the waistband part stays in place and it's looser so it hangs down and doesn't scrunch up.  I haven't worn it for a whole day yet, though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wish I could find a maternity leotard for ballet class
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"