September 2014 Moms

Maternity Swimwear

Has anyone had success with finding cute, well-fitting maternity swimwear? I have a vacation coming up and I need one!

I've found some online, but unsure of what size to order since my boobs have exploded in size, so it's hard for me to just pick something and order without seeing it in person. Any tips on places to shop or sizing advice?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Maternity Swimwear

• I'm having the very same issue! Boobnormous.
    *following*

• I've seen some cute(and inexpensive) ones at Target online. Just haven't pushed the trigger yet...

• Loading the player...
  • I got mine at Kohl's :) Love it!
    Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
    DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

Jan 2011 - Stop BCP
    Jan/Feb 2013 - Normal hormone panel/HSG - tubes clear
    April 2013 - DH's bloodwork and SA - low T and 0% morphology - Start DH on Clomid and vitamin regimen 
    May 2013 - start metformin for PCOS but ended up stopping in July 2013 due to elevated liver function
    Sept 2013 - first RE appointment/follow-up SA shows 2% morph!!
    October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
    November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
    December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
    January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
    February 17, 2014 - NT scan - Everything looks perfect! Heartbeat of 162bpm!
    April 3, 2014 - AS scan - Still looks perfect! Heartbeat of 135bpm :) It's a BOY!!!
  • I got mine at Nordstroms. I ordered a couple from Seraphine but the boobs were wayyyyy to small. It was a little more than what I would like to spend, but I am swimming at the gym regularly and spend a lot of time at the beach during the summer.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I also got one at motherhood maternity.  I plan on going back for one more.  I was also PP size.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• I bought this at Motherhood Maternity, and I love it so far. My boobs have gotten bigger as well, and my PP size fit great.

• I bought a Bikini Thief tankini...considering I am pretty excited to finally be filling out an A-cup, it might not be the best brand for you to look at. Nice quality and fits very well though. Good luck! 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • I went to Destination Maternity. I'm always worried about fit so I never even consider online shopping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsKasel10MrsKasel10 member
    edited April 2014
    I have literally been scouring the internet. I want a bikini that is cute but will cover my huge rack since I will be at the pool playing with my kids almost everyday. I want my belly to be tan, and every bikini I find is too low cut for my boobs!!

I like this one but afraid the boobs will be too exposed. If anyone has found any cute bikinis with coverage up top (but not granny like) let me know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • wpatxwpatx member
    I ended up just going with Old navy mix and match suits. They carry cups big enough and are super affordable and I figure my chest can't stay this big forever, right? I ordered a few XL and a few XXL so I'll let you guys know how they fit on a full 36D chest if anyone is interested.

Really wish I could show y'all what my chest looks like in my bikini tops from last year (hint: they barely cover anything and the pics would definitely be NSFW). I put every single one on and it was incredibly comical. My DH literally couldn't stop laughing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MrsLaLaBug‌ im stealing your word!!

I'm already boobnormous before pg. Last pg I wore my two piece, I didn't have a belly until 7 mo, so it was fine. I got mine at Academy. I'm still going to wear my same swimsuit BC I'm not going to be doing a lot of swimming, closest beach is south LA and I'm not going down there anytime soon. If ppl have a problem with my pregnant belly in a 2 piece, don't look. I'm not spending money to wear a swimsuit a handful of times.
  • I bought one last week at Motherhood maternity. It was this one but in black to minimize the look of my size. :)

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=901470082&MasterCategory_Id=MC9
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got some great responses here- https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12303666/maternity-swimsuits

Trying some on, I realized that one piece don't seem to suit my body; they just looked weird on me, as cute as they were. My plan now is to find a tankini set...
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I saw some really cute ones at Target the other day....I got mine from JCP in the plus section
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I can't believe no one has said Target. The suit I am wearing is from my last pregnancy, but it is still in great shape. I got a tankini since I have a long torso and I have a D cup. I haven't looked at their current swimwear, but the quality always seems good for the price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't believe no one has said Target. The suit I am wearing is from my last pregnancy, but it is still in great shape. I got a tankini since I have a long torso and I have a D cup. I haven't looked at their current swimwear, but the quality always seems good for the price.

2 said target. You must not have read the first and last posts? Mrslala said they have some on target online, you could look there if your looking for a new one.
  • I ordered one from Nordstrom and for the price Im not impressed. Still waiting on one from Old Navy. Im totally disgusted with maternity bathing suit shopping. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • deviousmusedeviousmuse member
    edited April 2014
    I struck out at Target, Old Navy, Land's End and Destination Maternity (except for a cute skirted bottom). I was getting really depressed, as nothing was fitting me in any way that DH considered acceptable. (He has great taste, so I trust him implicitly.)

He actually found some really cute suits on SwimOutlet.com by Prego, and all 3 that I ordered fit me great. Between those 3 tankini sets, and two alternate bottom options I have, I think I'll have enough variety to get me through some beach time around my coworkers (office trip to FL at 5.5 months) and tons of pool time this summer!

ETA: Linky
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • I have also been looking and am having a terrible time! I have a long torso and normally have to buy "tall" suits if I wear a one-piece, but I can't find any suits that are "tall" and "maternity." If any taller ladies have found a great one-piece suit, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE share the info with me! 
  • I just want to let you know that I ordered an Old Navy maternity suit and it came today: 

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=895869002&amp;vid=1&amp;locale=en_US&amp;kwid=1&amp;sem=false&amp;sdReferer=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oldnavy.com%2Fproducts%2Fmaternity-sweetheart-swimsuits-P895869.jsp&ei=yENhU5HgBK6gsASov4GgCw&usg=AFQjCNEiZil1Y6oZj6803YZ1bkXlMBhABQ&sig2=AVabbMxTBKrtzXG5AQje6Q&bvm=bv.65636070,d.cWc

I'm a little over 5'8" and the suit fit perfectly; it probably wouldn't work if I were any taller. I am actually planning on returning it because I found a tankini at Kohl's that I like better this weekend; the top was actually a little long! 

Here's the Kohl's suit I ended up with if anyone is interested: 
  • I'm 5'11" and all 3 suits that I ordered from the link above by Prego covered sufficiently, and look to cover well into the 3rd trimester. The talls that I ordered from Land's End were pathetically short to cover the bump.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • slowmoslowmo member
    For those of you who have had success, do any of the maternity swimsuits you've found have underwire in the tops? Most of the suits I've seen online don't specify or have soft cups, which just aren't going to cut it for me.
  • slowmo said:
    For those of you who have had success, do any of the maternity swimsuits you've found have underwire in the tops? Most of the suits I've seen online don't specify or have soft cups, which just aren't going to cut it for me.
    The only ones I have tried on have soft cups. :( Good luck in your search! There HAS to be one with underwire out there!
  • I ordered a non-maternity bikini from Old Navy this morning. I don't like one pieces. I figure, if I wore a bikini when I used to be obese, I can wear one while pregnant. My man thinks I'm hot!
  • I bought this at Motherhood Maternity, and I love it so far. My boobs have gotten bigger as well, and my PP size fit great.

I bought the same suit! It is so super cute!!
  • Target finally has more choices in store! I just got myself a tankini top that I may also wear as a regular tank top for the hotter days. There is a cartwheel deal for 20% off all women maternity clothing (good until May 31). It was 24.99 down to 19.99 =)

• bohemianlcbohemianlc member
    edited May 2014
    reverey said:
    Are the maternity suits at Target in the maternity section or with the swimsuits??
    At the Target near my house, they are in with the maternity section. At the location where I shop, they only had a couple in stock; it looks like most of them are available online, which is a bummer because you can't try them on. :( I guess it's kind of hit or miss how many your local store stocks because PPs said their Target has a good variety. I hope you fare better than I did! :)
  • slowmo said:
    The only ones I have tried on have soft cups. :( Good luck in your search! There HAS to be one with underwire out there!
    The Prego ones I posted above had soft, molded cups and a thick-ish band around the rib cage that provide enough support for my DD, almost DDD boobs.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is the swim top that I got at Target. I decided to go with a black one so I can wear different bottoms with it regardless of colors. It was in the maternity section at the Target I got it from.

You can always go on Target.com and look up Liz Lange maternity swimwear and check and see if they have what you like in a nearby store. Way better than wasting your time going to one only to find they have almost nothing to pick from.

• edited May 2014
    I might just go with a more shaped sports bra. I am so sick of trying to find a supportive top with underwire in a size 36DDD. :( In a bikini.

Eta-I just found a ton of bikinis in extended sizes at Figleaves.com :)
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I stopped in a specialty bathing suit store and the owner showed me two suits that I'm considering that aren't maternity suits.  I'll have to see how they fit once I get bigger and am ready for a suit, but I really like the concept of not having heavy fabric tight against my skin.  The patterned suit is almost a chiffony material, very light and the bandeau is sturdy.

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @reverey It was a store called California Beach Hut.  In NJ.  LOL.  

The suits I posted are Athena, you can find them online and in a lot of stores.  The other suit I liked I couldn't find a picture that represented it accurately.  It's a Maaji suit.  It's a bandeau top that has a chiffony overlay attached at the bottom seam of the bandeau.  I'm not sure if it's making sense, but the overlay can be worn either straight down to cover your belly or it can flip inside- over the top so it has a kind of midriff look.  If you google Maaji Garden Admiral you'll see it, but no site has it pictured in the belly covering way I would want to wear it.  It seems to be a trend in swimwear- these looser fitting styles, so I may take advantage of it.  The Old Navy suit I bought online makes me feel like a sausage. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @reverey, I was wrong, the Maaji style is sparkling waves.  Oops.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Bought my 1 piece at target. And my takani at Sears. Needed a takani because my jugs are getting bigger
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"