June 2015 Moms
Options

Recurring thread ideas

Hi June Bumpies! A few of us have started some recurring threads in a pursuit of organizing the board. I've seen the following started and wanted to see if these work well, and if there are other ideas? We don't have any mods that I've seen so maybe we can all chip in and start these threads each day if no one has yet? This is a list of some existing, and some potentially new ideas:
1. Daily symptoms
2. Daily silly questions
3. Daily names thread
4. Daily happy/grateful thread (great idea @MamaBish!)
4. Daily gripes/complaints thread
5. Daily Introductions (for newbies or lurkers to introduce themselves)

Re: Recurring thread ideas

• Options
    Here are the original dailies/weeklys used before the drama. Some of them might be worth reviving. Taken from the team meanie' s or whatever they call themselves new board.

I personally like FFFC and maybe also start a FFFQ (flame free Friday questions) to limit the amount of baby name/baby moving/placenta pervia/my pee is weird questions to one place where FTM (like me) and board newbies can ask without to much judgment/snark which can be a turn off when you are putting yourself out there and are already nervous.

Daily Posts:
    Randoms
    Symptoms or Lack Of
    Ticker Change Check-in
    What’s For Dinner (WFD)

Weekly Check-ins

Monday:
    Active Mamas Check-in
    Monday Bitchfest
    Pregnant After Loss (PGAL) Check-in

Tuesday:
    High Risk Check-in
    Previa Check-in
    TMI Tuesday

Wednesday:
    Hump Day, Bump Day (HDBD)
    WTF Wednesday

Thursday:
    Candlelight (Hour of Silence for Loss Moms)
    Unpopular Opinions (UO) Thursday

Friday
    Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC)

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I miss the WFD thread! I almost started one, but I've never started a thread before! Love that some organization is coming back!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsWiggleWaggle this is some awesome organization! I'll do my part to help start these some mornings: who else is in?!
  • Options
    I'm in! Just posted today's symptoms thread!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hoosonfirst oh just saw you posted a symptoms one too - I'll just let you do your thing so we don't have any more duplicates haha
  • Options
    Heh sorry I'm on my commuter train and bored - this is my main Bumpie time and I get a little too excited...@karaelaine1991
  • Options
    @hoosonfirst not a problem at all! Thanks for taking care of it!
  • Options

Here are the original dailies/weeklys used before the drama. Some of them might be worth reviving. Taken from the team meanie' s or whatever they call themselves new board.

I personally like FFFC and maybe also start a FFFQ (flame free Friday questions) to limit the amount of baby name/baby moving/placenta pervia/my pee is weird questions to one place where FTM (like me) and board newbies can ask without to much judgment/snark which can be a turn off when you are putting yourself out there and are already nervous.

Daily Posts:
    Randoms
    Symptoms or Lack Of
    Ticker Change Check-in
    What’s For Dinner (WFD)

Weekly Check-ins

Monday:
    Active Mamas Check-in
    Monday Bitchfest
    Pregnant After Loss (PGAL) Check-in

Tuesday:
    High Risk Check-in
    Previa Check-in
    TMI Tuesday

Wednesday:
    Hump Day, Bump Day (HDBD)
    WTF Wednesday

Thursday:
    Candlelight (Hour of Silence for Loss Moms)
    Unpopular Opinions (UO) Thursday

Friday
    Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC)

Right these are what not only June was doing but TB in general. I think adding the happy/thankful would be good, one day but not everyday. Same with the name thread. It's a little much to do that every day. @hoosonfirst youre awesome btw organize this shit up. I can't even start anything because I'm strictly mobile :(
  • Options
    @devyns2nd Ditto! Just didn't feel like quoting that much.
  • Options
    I'm mobile actually! It's a huge pain in the butt, let me tell ya. I like idea of picking a certain day for name and thankful threads.
  • Options
    I think it's my phone, it doesn't like this app. I can't post a pic or start a thread. Its backs out every time I try????

Friday we only have FFFC, we could do both along with it...?

• Options
    I LOVE the happy thread. and I like the silly questions thread, I had a few silly questions the first time we did it, and I'm sure that I'll have more as we go along. I would think the silly questions thread could be weekly, but I dunno if we want to wait a whole week to talk about joyful things? Even if there are only a few posts on a happiness thread, I think we could all benefit from the good vibe a daily happy thread gives. I mean, we have a daily symptoms thread, which is the opposite, so why be more blah than yah?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"