May 2015 Moms
Options

Crafty mamas!

Has anyone out there had any special projects they've been working on?

I made baby a diaper stacker from a tutorial I found online yesterday! It matches the quilt and bedding my mom is making us for the nursery.

What crafty things have you been up to? Give me inspiration!

Re: Crafty mamas!

• Options
    Do either of you girls have templates or websites you have used to make these? And any other suggestions on things you can make for baby???

I'm not usually the best at being crafty but I'm on modified bed rest and these projects would definitely help keep me entertained!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to start making a wet bag type of deal to store diapers and wipes in my diaper bag so they won't be all over the place..oh, and pacifier holder...
  • Options
    @Megaphone2752 Love the head bands and burp cloths super cute!! I think on my next few days off I'll start some receiving blankets and such just to keep myself occupied!

@mabrams28 I googled tutorial for diaper stacker. I didn't want to spend $ on a pattern that wasn't on sale and the tutorial worked pretty well for this specific project. If you sew maybe you could make some receiving blankets? Lord knows they always come in handy and the double sided flannel ones are awesome way better than store bought.
  • Options
    @megaphone2752 pls can you explain how you made the headband?they are the cutest!!!
  • Options
    Headbands are super easy if you're a knitter - just knit a thin band then crochet a pretty flower or motif for the top.

By the time I get in from work I'm too knackered to knit :( gonna hammer it on maternity leave. I've seen a growth chart with animals on which will match the nursery. Should probably do hat and booties too. Not feeling that inspired at the mo so will keep an eye here!
  • Options
    I've been making hair bows, headbands, crochet dresses and blankets.
  • Options
    Aw thank you for the nice comments! I sewed some fold over elastic together and then attached the flowers. I used this tutorial to make some of the flowers...

https://www.justlaine.com/2011/11/simple-baby-girl-headband-tutorial.html?m=1

I also just bought some precut flowers from thefeltshoppe on etsy and attached those.
  • Options
    Where did you get that woodland animal fabric? It's so cute!
  • Options
    I made a bunch of baby bibs with extra fabric I had laying around. Here are pics of 4 of them. Flannel one side fleece on the other, with a plastic adjustable snap closure. Super easy to make and I even made my own pattern to use from an old bib I had laying around, just made it bigger where I wanted it to be. So far I have made 12 of them and hope to make about 8-12 more so I have a good amount and won't need to buy any.
  • Options
    I haven't done anything yet for this guy. I need to get the room together 1st and see what I need. Here are some things I did for dd.

Canvas pics using a Pinterest tutorial

Bow holder with mini hangers from target

Letters, scrapbook paper, and flowers from michaels

Blocks and paper from michaels for her monthly photos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    zoeyny said:

Where did you get that woodland animal fabric? It's so cute!

Got the woodland animal fabric at hobby lobby :)!
  • Options
    Made this quilt for baby boy also :) after not quilting in over 7 years it was nice to get back to it!
  • Options
    I've been making a few stuffed animals (from "Edward's Menagerie") for babies of friends of mine. I haven't made one for this little one yet though.
  • Options
    Oops hopefully you can see this picture
  • Options
    I've made a breastfeeding cover, burp cloths, a taggie blanket, breast pads and crocheted matching blanket, hat and booties.
  • Options
    I finished one blanket (the pink/purple one) and I've finished one square out of 4 on another blanket (the Aqua one). I have a lot of plans for stuff, but just making it through the knitting for now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"