Military Families

Enraged with Tricare and NYC

I have been trying to get an appointment to see an OB since Feb 2. With incompetent PCM's I have been working through constant errors. Last week I finally was about to see an OB until they told me my PCM put in the wrong referral and my pregnancy was not covered. Tricare and doctors offices are not on the same page. So I have to comb through and call numerous docs to find another PCM so I could than be referred. Now tomorrow I was supposed to finally see the new PCM. Why that Dr is no longer with that office?!!! Furiously calling Tricare all they say is keep calling more doctors so can find a PCM and get referred. It is unbelievable how many people Tricare has listed that DO NOT accept Tricare, no longer work at the facility or are NOT accepting patients till MID MARCH- APRIL!!! Everyone I am on the phone with I explain, I have been stressing out and jumping through hoops since 8 weeks!!! I am now 11!!! And I can't be seen till 15+ !!! I HAVE YET TO SEE A PCM OR OB!!!!! I am fuming and everyone has the audacity to tell me to relax!!!! I want to move back to where post is close. I have been going hard on job hunting because my spouse doesn't want me to move without a job set. Sigh. I feel so stuck!!!

Re: Enraged with Tricare and NYC

• i'm sorry *hugs*  Just think: if you make it through Tricare you can make it through anywhere! 

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 
    Eloped Dec2013/Married Sep 2014 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• @NEAM2014‌ sigh. This is true.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just transferred out of NYC this past June and it was a disaster having Tricare there. I just tried looking thru my contacts to see if my former Dr was still in there but she wasn't, I must have deleted it once we moved. I only saw that Dr once because the initial one we found for Tricare just up and disappeared, literally one day the number was disconnected and that was that. I feel your frustration, PP said it well, if you can deal with this bs you'll be able to deal with anything. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mellymar‌ Omfg! Horrible. I told my spouse, my bags are freaking packed and I am ready to move ANYWHERE else with a working military base. I give myself one more week of stupidity. After I am out! Losin my damn mind over crap that should be simple! I am so glad to have someone that understands this NYC bull and sorry you experienced it.
  • Well I just remembered about Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn. As far as I know they don't have drs there for spouses, but you could contact them and they may have a better list of providers in the area. Luckily, everything is connected by subway there, so even if you live in Queens or Brooklyn you can still see a dr in Manhattan or the Bronx, as long as you don't mind the commute time  (a little more frustrating when you're thinking about traveling for birth, but...). When we were there we lived in Rockaway, Queens, and were pretty far (in city speak) from a hospital. I can however, give you the info for a really nice dentist who took our dental insurance. He's in lower manhattan, and I could google his info real quick if you wanted it. Also, other than the Tricare bs, we did enjoy our 4 years in NYC, so hopefully once you figure this out you can begin to enjoy the perks of being stationed there
  • have you thought about switching to standard? then you woulnt have to go through getting a pcm to refer you. also if you have a doctor you like you can always ask them if they will apply to take tricare

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• @ufsandra85 I Was Not Told A Thing About standard. They told me either what I was in, Prime or disenroll and enroll in Global Maternity. I swear no one is on the same page. X( Sigh. Thank you miss sandra.
    @mellymar‌ you can definitely pass on that dentist to me. I need to go! Fort Hamilton definitely does not have a lot. You had 4 years and I had majority of my life in NYC. I've had my fill. Growing up here , it has become a place just to visit. Lol. Stationed in Fort Wainwright, Alaska before. I have had my fill. Lol
  • https://tribecadentaldesign.com/  I loved Dr Han. That dude was cool as hell. Except for one I was always seen on time and the staff was cool.  And we are now stationed in a small town in the Great Lakes area, Wisconsin. I tell ya, I miss the subway. And the corner deli's, and the every single type of restaurant you could imagine (hello, Thai food!)
  • with tricare you have 2 options prime and standard. prime requires referrals. standard you can go to any type of doctor you want without a referral. I think what they meant is on standard you dont have to pay copays because everything is covered they call if global maternity coverage, meaning when you are receiving prenatal care your baby appointments are globally covered (no fees). Standard usually has fees associated with it unlike prime, for example there is a deductible and co pays but when you are pregnant your maternity care is completely covered like as if you had prime

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"