March 2015 Moms
Options

Losing Mucus Plug?

I am wondering if anyone has lost their mucus plug in the past and could help me out. I think I am losing mine but not sure exactly what it looks like...Pic is attached but BEWARE its very mucusy and gross!! It was a long thick string of I don't know what!! 36 weeks and 5 days today...this is my 4th child and I have never made it past 37 weeks. Very anxious!!

Re: Losing Mucus Plug?

• Options
    Went to the bathroom again and got this....pic attached...its very thick and jelly like...
  • Options
    Yep. That's what they look like sometimes. Prepare for the backlash though. The moms on here are about to go crazy on you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, people freak out over this..
    Don't let their comments get to you :)
  • Options
    What is the deal with people being so concerned about their mucus plug?  It doesn't mean you're going to go into labor anytime soon.  You can lose it for weeks as it can regrow.  According to my doctor what the majority of women swear is their mucus plug is just regular old discharge.  
  • Options
    Yeah, I do agree with the others that it doesn't necessarily mean much. I lost mine with my DD almost two weeks before she was born.. So don't get too anxious! :)
  • Options
    I lost my mucous plug at 19 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Cerclage was placed it grew back bc I lost it again 4 days ago after they took my cerclage out. I'm still pregnant. My doctor has told me numerous time can't predict labor but three sure fire signs are water breaking, bright red bleeding, and contractions that are regular and take your breath away.
  • Options

I am wondering if anyone has lost their mucus plug in the
    past and could help me out. I think I am losing mine but not sure
    exactly what it looks like...Pic is attached but BEWARE its very mucusy
    and gross!! It was a long thick string of I don't know what!! 36 weeks
    and 5 days today...this is my 4th child and I have never made it past 37
    weeks. Very anxious!!

Keep us updated! This is my 5th and I never carry past 37 wks either, but I don't have as much activity up to this point (or not the same intensity as with the others). Interested to see if you carry longer this time around too.
  • Options
    I actually lost mine while I was standing up and teaching a lesson on homophones today...thank God I wore a full blown pad today. I called my dr to be sure... And they confirmed it....But I had been losing parts of it for three weeks... Oh the joys of pregnancy!
  • Options
    Oh lighten up ladies. You didn't need to click on the link!
  • Options
    selena61307selena61307 member
    edited February 2015
    Well it didn't need posted either. Thanks for being so helpful @orwellianqueen‌. You didn't even help the op just came to say others should lighten up. What an awesome contribution.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Really it's just best to talk to your doctor. Mine has been coming out for a few days now & Monday it had a pinkish tinge. I also started having some contractions Monday, but they've eased up a bit. I asked my OB about it today, so she checked me & said yes it was mostly gone. But, it could still be a few weeks before baby comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"