Iowa Babies

Any pregnant ladies out here?

Hello Ladies! Wanted to give a shout out to all pregnant to be mommies in Des Moines! I am 15 weeks pregnant and live in West Des Moines. I noticed that our board has been silent for a while now. So I thought I'll check in to see if anyone is on their journey to motherhood as I am. If you are and would like to share your stories, worries or anything that is on your mind, please feel free!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any pregnant ladies out here?

• I can help with a lot of questions since I'm pregnant with my fourth child... My oldest will be 4.5 still when her youngest sibling is born :)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • pray67pray67 member
    Hey there! Nice to see you. Will certainly post questions in that case. Wanted to see if anyone was around. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I just got my BFP this past weekend and am over the moon excited! Nice to meet all of you!

Dating 3.14.04
    Engaged 3.13.10
    Married 6.25.11
    EDD 4.15.15

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congratulations to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm here from Ankeny! Due in January- it looks like you might be too? I haven't posted much there since migrating to our FB group, but I still lurk and try to catch up on the drama-filled posts. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cool! Let me know if there is a FB group I could possibly be a part of. Yes, I am due on January 8th :)

We should try and meet up sometime if we can. It will be nice to meet some Iowa moms to be!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sure! I just asked one of the mods, I think her bump name is ICarriedAWatermelon, to invite me to the group. I think I could technically invite you, but I dunno if they prefer to have the mods from the bump do it just to keep things kosher. Or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From Des Moines and Due in April with our 2nd.

Crash Bandit
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Des Moines, pregnant with number 2 (12 weeks). This one is kickin my butt so far and I already look like I'm 4+ months pregnant... yikes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just south of Des Moines. 7w2d due in September. SO has 2 boys from pervious marriage but this will be my first. So happy to be here!!!
  • I think it's crazy quiet here considering all of the women in my birthing classes and the popularity of the bump! I'm also just south of dsm, near Indianola. Due date is Monday! I'm trying to get a jump start on finding mom friends but not having much luck. Any second + time moms have any open groups they like?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hear ya on that one @em4iowa My birth month club seems huge but they are all spread out. So far I think there were 2 other girls from Iowa in there. One was from Iowa but doesn't live here now and the other lives in the Iowa City area I think? I feel so alone here in Des Moines. I'm not due till September but it would be nice to know some other moms around here that will have little ones around the same age as my baby.
  • @tigerfish227 Are you a first time mom?
  • Yes but my SO has 2 boys ages 8&10. I love them very much but I haven't known them their whole lives. There are a few little ones in my family. I have a cousin who's wife is a month ahead of me with their 2nd but I still feel very alone.
  • @tigerfish227 Well I'm always up to making new mom friends, I moved from Georgia when my first was just under a year and haven't made too many mom friends out here. I'm due in August and already anxious for #2 to be here. 
  • Hi ladies! I'm only 5 weeks pregnant exactly today after a long, long road to get here! I live in Pleasant Hill (east DSM). Good luck to all of you and stay in touch!!
  • I’m just east of DSM in Newton. 6 weeks as of yesterday. We have another ultrasound scheduled the 30th to make sure everything is going well as our dates were off by 2 weeks. Saw the sac and yolk sac but that’s all last week. Crossing my fingers for a healthy pregnancy. My oldest is almost 7. So it’s like starting all over again.