August 2014 Moms
Options

Monday check in (baby food Edition)

mindfulmama14mindfulmama14 member
edited February 2015 in August 2014 Moms
What foods has LO tried so far and what does LO like?

My LO thinks bananas are
tart because the look on his face is pretty funny as if he doesn't know what to think. But he'll eat them no problem mixed with rice cereal. He loves sweet potatoes. And I think we'll try squash next.

Eta: unlike the solid threads we have about questions/advice- I thought this one could just be a fun way to share what LO likes

Re: Monday check in (baby food Edition)

• Options
    We have done bananas, oatmeal, butternut squash, peas, avocado, apples, pears, and sweat potatoes.

Well after the initial first trial I would say he loves all but pears. The things he gables up the fastest are banana, sweat potatoes, and squash.

We also started him with some water and he like it too! I am so happy cause his dad is a picky eater and I don't want a picky kid :)
  • Options
    My little guy has tried: bananas, sweet potatoes, zucchini, pears. And we are starting avocados this week. I mixed in bananas with avocados, wasn't too shabby. I'm thinking oatmeal and apples will be next.

He seems to like all no matter what they do to his taste buds. If it's bland or twangy, he'll grunt or make a face but I think he likes the texture. Plus it's something new other than fingers and pacifiers to put in his mouth. Haha.

I love my baby bullet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dd loves pears but we have stopped solids till we see how well the new formula works.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is 7 months today and he loves everything we've put in front of him in the past 2 months. The kid gobbles up:

Grain: rice cereal, barley cereal, millet cereal, oatmeal

Fruit: pears, apples, bananas, prunes

Veggies: peas, avocado, butternut squash, zucchini, summer squash, rutabaga, sweet potato, beets, white potato, green bean, carrots, acorn squash

Protein: mashed tofu, mashed chickpeas, mashed lentils

He moans for more, grabs the spoon from me, and otherwise can't get enough at mealtime. Oh, and he think food feels awesome in his hands ;)

image    image
  • Options
    seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited February 2015
    DS has tried yogurt, applesauce, pear, banana, orange, blueberries, oatmeal, avocado, tomato, broccoli, potato, sweet potato, yellow pepper, green beans, lentils, black beans, corn, pork, chicken, beef, curry, taco beef, hummus and macaroni and cheese. That's all I can think of right now :)

He makes faces if I give him plain yogurt but likes it with fruit mixed in. He didn't seem to like plain pureed chicken and he didn't go back for more taco beef but he liked lentil curry. He didn't seem too impressed with homemade Mac and cheese which surprised me. He had hummus for the first time yesterday. It was pretty garlicky and he didn't seem sure about it but he went back for more!
  • Options
    I am excited to try yogurt soon! He loves pears, sweet potatoes, plums, peaches, squash, carrots, apples, and will eat cereal, green beans, and peas if they are mixed with something. Not a fan of bananas though! That seems kid neutral, or so I thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"