Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

woried.. yeat infection..could be pregnant

Ok I had a yeast infection around my ovulation date. And a severe one. I was on antibiotics. And now im 5 days late on my period.. and having period like cramps. But no blood. And feeling like burning in my vegina. not done a pregnency test yet.. too scared. I had n miscarriage lost year september at 10 weeks. Now im wondering could the yeast infection / antibiotic treatment have harmed the pregnancy... 

Re: woried.. yeat infection..could be pregnant

• Options
    Take a test.

No one here can tell you if you're pregnant.
  • Options
    Im not asking anyone if im pregnant. Im asking could those factors cause harm to the baby if I got pregnant while having a yeast infection and was taking antibiotics. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The best thing to do is take a pregnancy test. If it's positive contact your doctor & go from there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    ernaroux said:

Im not asking anyone if im pregnant. Im asking could those factors cause harm to the baby if I got pregnant while having a yeast infection and was taking antibiotics. 

We truly can't tell you.
    1) We don't know what antibiotics you were given.

2) Most of us are not pharmacists or doctors. It's hard to know which are not recommended for pregnancy. If you are worried a) take an HPT b) contact your doctor & explain your concerns.

The most we can do is wish you well & tell you take an HPT & contact your provider. We can't give you more concrete answers with the info you've provided.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    If you had a yeast infection and your doctor gave you antibiotics, you need a new doctor. As pp said, anti fungal treat yeast infection. And antifungals are not abortifacients.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you took Diflucan (fluconazole)?

Read: https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm266030.htm

While high-dose, long term use of Diflucan is associated with birth defects, a single dose of the standard dosage of Diflucan does not appear to carry this risk.
    baby girl  5.12
  • Options
    ernaroux said:

Lurking from O14... My first pregnancy symptom was a yeast infection (lucky me). There were 2 kinds of antifungal that my doc said were safe to use during pregnancy. Maybe you used one of those and there is absolutely no reason to stress.

Bottom line... take a test and call your doctor.
  • Options
    It sounds like you should call your doctor.
  • Options
    seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited February 2015
    If you are pregnant, talk to your Dr for sure but I had a yeast infection while pregnant and my midwife said it was no big deal and totally safe to treat with Monostat. The oral pill isn't recommended for pregnant women but I believe that's just because it's newer and hasn't been tested yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"