September 2014 Moms

Bumpers

ok, if your not supposed to use bumpers in the crib anymore then how do you prevent your baby from rolling all over the crib and bumping his head on the rails??!? My LO is 24 weeks and the most active little rolly poolly. He gets in some very weird positions in the crib and starts crying for help when he can't get out of them or when he manages to wedge or bump he's head on the rails.

Re: Bumpers

• Breathable mesh crib bumpers

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Like pp said there are breathable ones. Though they don't really seem soft to cushion the bars. I think it's more so they can't get an arm/leg in between the bars. So it might not fix your issue. Maybe just try to position him as much in the middle as possible and see if he doesn't get past this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw ones on Pinterest today called Wonder Bumpers. It's basically a padded covering for each post on your crib, so vertically instead of horizontally. I'm going to look into those instead. They had zippers but your could probably make your own with Velcro too.
  • We use the mesh bumpers from target they have a little padding to them ... We got these mainly because LO was getting her arms and legs stuck once she started rolling
  • We put our kids in sleepsacks and have never had an issue and our oldest is 2.5...just an alternative to consider if you don't want to do bumpers. Another bonus: our oldest can't climb out of the crib :)

• I looked into wonder bumpers but it was a couple hundred to cover the whole crib...a little out of my price range! I found some that wrap around 2 bars each on Amazon and went with those. They work great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • I posted above.. found a link to what I ended up going with - https://amzn.com/B00FG292OM

My son has used sleepsacks since we brought him home from the hospital but he still rolls all over the crib, bangs his head on the rails, and gets stuck in the corners... we definitely needed these for him! They get moved up sometimes since they just wrap around, but it's not that big of an issues. I just move it back down and tighten it. :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DS is 26 weeks and I always say he has "parties" in his crib because he moves and wiggles and is ALL over the place and 2 weeks ago I took off his bumper and was worried about the same thing. But he does great the first day he did get his leg and arm stuck but I guess he learned his lesson because it hasn't happened again.
  • I just put mine on tonight. DS has been sticking his legs out through the rails. The fear themselves don't get stuck but he flips on his belly with his legs still out and then he's stuck. I'll be keeping a close eye for the first little while but I'm hoping they'll do more good than harm.