Multiples
Options

Twins-sleep together or 2 cribs?

Just found out yesterday we are expecting twins! EEK=)
Now my mind is going all directions. I've heard twins sleep better together and I've heard they should sleep separate? Please give what has worked for you! Thank you!

Re: Twins-sleep together or 2 cribs?

• Options
    They slept together in the crib until about 3-4 months when they started moving and it became dangerous.

They now sleep in 2 separate cribs right next to each other.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    My boys slept in a PNP for two weeks after they came home from the NICU at 17 days- They were moving around even then so it was dangerous.  They were moved into their own cribs in their room and slept just fine.  Actually they STTN (8p-8a) at 12 weeks and we have not had any issues with sleep- they are now 4 yrs old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!! I'm still pregnant with my twins but I plan to have two separate cribs for them. I was given the suggestion of putting the cribs up right next to one another so they can still hold hands/touch if they want! Best of luck through the rest of your pregnancy :)
  • Options

I bought 2 cribs. I planned on letting them nap together in a pack n play, but DS weighed 1.5lbs more than DD at birth and I was too nervous to let them sleep together.

They shared a nursery until they were 8 months old. I had to separate them b/c DD kept waking DS up!

Good luck!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options
    We have a twin bassinet PNP, but put them in one side and changing stationon the other, planning 1 crib as long as possible/practical due to small room, and social sisters...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine slept in the same crib until they were 11w old, then they would only sleep in their swings :/ When they were 5m though, they went back to cribs- their own crib in a shared room. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They slept in the same PNP in our room for a couple months, then we moved them to the same crib until they got too big/showed signs of rolling (5ish months?).  Then one was in a PNP and the other in crib until we finally finished refinishing the second crib.  They've been in separate cribs across the room from one another since then.  They push/hit each other now, so not having them right next to each other is just fine.  We are close to transitioning them to toddler beds.  Not sure how that will go...

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I tried to have them sleep together and they didn't really care for it.  So I would say two cribs, but use one if they enjoy it.  We had one in our room and one in their room, but quickly moved them to RnPs when it didn't work for us.  I've seen people making a super crib when the babies are older and pushing the two cribs together with the middle part missing.  
    image    image    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"