January 2015 Moms
Options

Mastitis :(

anyone else suffered from this at all? So painful !! I'm currently on anti biotics it's been two days but not feeling much better, any good pain relief options??

Re: Mastitis :(

• Options
    I just got over a bout of mastitis! I just took aleve or Tylenol and the antibiotics. Just nurse through the pain & make sure to keep that breast as empty as possible to clear the blockage out. I pumped right after he nursed to make sure it got empty & stayed up all night to make sure he nursed every 2 hours. Mine only lasted about two days!
  • Options
    Oh & I used those purple gel bead pads from lansinoh heated in the microwave! Heaven! Well worth the investment if you plan to continue breastfeeding!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it really bad with my first.. it took 3 different antibiotics to finally take care of it. Make sure you are nursing a lot and massaging while in a hot shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I found it helped to lay in a warm tub (kind of sideways to get the infected breast in the water and express/massage the infected area. But yeah. It's the worst. Keep it as empty as possible. Cabbage leaves helped, but they can lower milk supply, so I only used them when I got mastitis while weaning.
  • Options
    Mastitis is awful! At first I thought I had the flu with my symptoms until I noticed the red patch under my breast along with a significant and painful lump :( massage, pumping, nursing and lots of rest! And yes those purple breast pad things you can heat or freeze are great. Also, I developed mastitis directly after doing way more than I should have been being only 2 weeks postpartum, so take it easy!
  • Options
    I've had it twice now. DS is 5 weeks. It's awful! And this time has caused my supply to TANK :(

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"