Upstate NY Babies

VBAC OB Recs! Clifton Park/Albany

peagirl828peagirl828 member
edited September 2013 in Upstate NY Babies
I live closer to Glens Falls/Saratoga but neither hospital does VBACs. I'm not completely sure I will be trying for one but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any in the area. Preferably closer to Clifton Park/Latham..rather than going all the way to Albany. I know there is Bellvue, Albany Med and St. Peter's that do them..I don't mind travelling for the delivery but Don't want to worry about missing so much work when appointments get closer together!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: VBAC OB Recs! Clifton Park/Albany

• Capital Region OB GYN - Dr. Burstyn and Dr. Daniels. I am trying for a VBAC with them. They seem to be very VBAC friendly. I had my first via c-section with Dr. Burstyn.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am going to Carenet Medical Group. I have gone to them for years. I have loved the doctors that I have worked with, and thus far they seem very supportive of a VBAC. I am looking into other practices that would be a bit smaller and more personal. I have heard good things about Capital region Midwifery, Dr. Sattar's office, and Sage-Femme Midwifery (may be a little too far for you). I also attend a support group called I CAN which supports women looking into VBAC's. They may be a great resource for you. We meet once a month and every month I leave feeling confident about MY choices and feelings and desires for my next delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm at Capital Region OBGYN. This is my first, but from my experiences with them, they are excellent. The only downfall is the wait time can be horrible. 
  • I have decided on Dr. Sattar's office. I could not be happier with my experience thus far. I thought Carenet would be supportive, but the more questions I asked the more clear it became that they would not be as supportive as they first led me to believe. I hope that you have been able to find a practice that you are happy with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"