Austin Babies
Options

Over 35? Looking for social group...

I am a first time mom, over 35, and feeling out of my depth.  The last time I diapered a baby was 1998, and I was a nanny while getting my college degree!  I am hoping to find a place where my son (arriving a bit before June 2015) and I can hang out and chat with other moms.  Does anyone know of any groups?

Re: Over 35? Looking for social group...

• Options
    I'll be 31 in a month, so not over 35, but I haven't had any luck finding any groups.  My daughter will be here in early May and I was hoping to find some locals that are due around the same time to start communicating with now, but again, no luck.  There's a fb group I found for North and Central Austin Moms, so you could join that if you're in the area.  I see them posting about gettogethers every now and then, but they are mostly during the day because most members are SAHMs.
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

• Options

I'll be 39 when I give birth to our first in June, so I'm in the same boat.  I haven't really spent considerable time looking for a group, but the searching I have done hasn't really resulted in anything.  I'm also going to be a working mom, so a SAHM group's schedule would likely not work for me either.

I know my sister absolutely loved her birth month group (she gave birth 3 and 6 years ago in NYC), so I'm eager to find a group.  She still meets up with them from time to time, and it's such a great idea to have people around you who are going through similar things at the same time. 

I'll keep searching and let y'all know what I find.  Please do the same!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 35 and having my first baby in April. I live pretty far south and I've been disappointed that most things seem pretty north-centric. What part of town do you live in?
  • Options
    I'm 31, having my baby girl any day now, and I live in SW austin (circle c). I will be a SAHM, looking for some other moms and babies to hang out with!
  • Options
    I would love to meet you all too. I am 35 and baby will be here in February. 
  • Options
    I live in central Austin and am due May 24th. Relatively new to town so would love to meet other ladies in the area.
    I am 33 and work full time.