Success after IF

intro and question

Hello! I guess I can officially into here, (if anyone is still here that is :-S ) my twins are 6 weeks old they are our success after one ivf and two rounds of fet. Its been busy but great. Breastfeeding has been a struggle. Long story short I've stopped and started (exclusive bf) twice my production has decreased due to that. But I'm trying to get my production back to where it was. My babies have thrush and so I have it on my nipples. It doesn't seem to be getting better im going to call their Dr today to see what else can be done. Just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with thrush on you and babies. Did the medication finally work? Its really annoying I wish it would just go away!
*loss and BFP mentioned*
Me: Endo & No Tubes 
DH: perfect!
IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
           17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
            BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
          One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
          Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
          BFN- Chemical preg
FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
         CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
         CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
         4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
         Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
         First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
**Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

Re: intro and question

• @mKateG no issues with thrush, but hugs to you!  Let me know if you need to vent about bf.  I can't imagine breastfeeding twins.  I am exclusive breastfeeding myself and had my fair share of struggles/meltdowns etc.  We just finished week one of breastfeeding only!  I have been meeting with a lactation consultant every week since she has been born and we are finally just breastfeeding.  Before she was inefficient at the breast so I was pumping after every feed and bottle feeding breastmilk on top of breastfeeding, so time consuming and had raw/cracked/scabbed over/painful nipples too....ugh.  But I highly recommend finding a good lactation consultant, she really did help us get through.  My LC is also a nurse practitioner that practices out of my peds office, so it is just the cost of an office visit co-pay.  We have seen her every week working through the struggles and finally graduated after 5 weeks this past Friday (enough weight gain with goal/just feeding off the breast!  So no more pumping/bottle feeding...thank god!).  Baby finally turned the corner and my nipples have healed!  I never thought we'd be here!!  My SIL had supply issues and drank mother's milk tea and it did wonders for her! Are you giving the babies nystatin?  That's what we do on my peds unit, swab their mouths a few times a day.  BF is soo hard, highly recommend finding professional support in your area, don't know what I would have done without our LC helping us work through the different issues every week.  Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself, I was a formula fed baby and turned out ok :)  Also if you can give your babies some breast milk and supplement, that is ok too!  But I know what it is like to have a goal, exclusive breastmilk was important to me, and I don't know what we would have done without working with our awesome LC!   

Have you seen this video, you will love it!  I cried, so have some tissues handy....lol.  
    Formula Commercial

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Welcome!! Congrats on your twins!!

No experience with Thrush. I will say that we had a tongue tie that made breastfeeding a massive struggle to get started. My LC helped so much!! However, it gets better. Just don't quit on a bad day! We just weaned this week and J is 25mo. I would have kept going, but I just started stims for IVF 2 and elected to go the safe route. 

I have had ups and downs with my supply. Drink a TON of water. Fill up cups/water bottles, etc and put them on the counter. Make yourself drink every bit. I did 100-150 oz and that was for a singleton. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • @dp21 thanks for replying, I was a formula feed baby also, so I know they would be just fine exclusively on formula :smiley: I know I shouldn't beat myself up for it but I just feel like I don't have an excuse not to bf since I'm not working right now. So I've felt really guilty for kinda giving up. Im working on starting back though (FX). I have been using nystatin oral suspension several times daily. I called their pedi yesterday and she said it can get better and worse over several weeks so I guess ill just ride it out. Although, I was hoping for a fast cure :( nothing is that easy though!
    @Mrs.AmyDylan thanks for the encouragement! I actually did quit on a bad day about two weeks ago I just had had it but now im feeling guilty and am getting a second wind. I find some really good advice on some bf websites so I'm going to start up again and see if I can make it work. I mostly feel bad because they were bf do well and my supply was great and then I got feed up with painful itchy nipples and gave up. But I'm not one to give up so easily and I know if others can start back after quoting for much longer than two weeks I can.

Ill check back in to let you know how its going. Both of my babies still latch really good after being on bottles for two weeks so im thankful for that. I've just got to get my supply back and get them used to being patient and waiting for let downs. And I have thought about calling the LC that helped me at the hospital I just wasn't sure how she charges or if her over the phone advice is free. She did give me her number and told me to call her anytime. I may need to just call and see.
    :D
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Good luck!! Fx for you!!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Welcome! Sorry no advice on thrush. I'll just say that early days of breast feeding can be really hard and I can't imagine what it would be like with twins. My friend mostly pumped and supplemented with formula for her twins.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Welcome! My experience with thrush is antibiotic related and we didn't breast feed long. I hope it gets better for you!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• no experience with Thrush, but congrats and welcome!!!
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• @mKateG hey, how is it going?  You should join the 0-3 month breastfeeding check-in on the dark side :)  AmyG is over there and answering questions. 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"