Texas Babies

Seven Oaks Women's Center

I've had several people recommend doctors at Seven Oaks Women's Center, but I have a few questions. 

How are the wait times for prenatal appointments?

What is their on call schedule like for deliveries? My current office is teamed up with another office and the 8 total doctors take turns so it's pretty unlikely for me to get my doctor if it's after hours.

I know this board is slow, but hopefully someone can answer! Thank you!

Re: Seven Oaks Women's Center

• I'm also interested in this group. I'm wondering if they only deliver at Methodist Main, or if they can also deliver at Stone Oak.
  • There wait times aren't bad. There are also 8+ doctors in this office so it will also be unlikely you get your dr after hours but I've met many of the doctors in this practice and wouldn't mind any of them delivering my son.

They only deliver at Methodist Medical Center.
  • Loading the player...
  • The wait times aren't too bad. I see Dr Satterfield and I really like her. As was already said, the odds aren't in your favor that "your" doctor will be around for delivery.  In theory, I have no problem with this. In reality however... When my son was born, one of the male docs was on duty (it was a Saturday), and after checking me once and telling me it would be another 8 hours, he disappeared, and was not around for my son's birth (they paged him twice, and a nurse ended up delivering, he showed up in time to deliver the placenta).
    So, this time around, I'm kinda looking at other options. I think a lot (if not most) places are like this though.
  • I have doctor Washington at that office and the staff is friendly plus the wait times are not long at all especially if you're on time
  • I just had my first prenatal appt with Dr. Satterfield, and I had to wait an hour and a half to see her (not including the extra time due to me showing up early!).
  • laralen02 said:

I just had my first prenatal appt with Dr. Satterfield, and I had to wait an hour and a half to see her (not including the extra time due to me showing up early!).

This happened to me last week. It's not typical for her, but I would still have appreciated the receptionist telling me how far behind she was so I could run errands and come back or something. You have to make your appointments as early as possible, her first appointment is 8:50 am. I also prefer the westover location usually.
  • Dr. Satterfield was an amazing OB/GYN. Her staff and others were very professional and attentive.