Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Asthma?

Is there a board on the bump for asthma? I'm not finding anything. Anyone here have experience in this area with infants?

Re: Asthma?

• Options
    The reason I ask is my LO is making a gasping sound. I'm wondering if it could be asthma or something else. He does have a family history of asthma, so that's always in the back of my mind.
  • Options
    alishakay said:

The reason I ask is my LO is making a gasping sound. I'm wondering if it could be asthma or something else. He does have a family history of asthma, so that's always in the back of my mind.

Gasping & trouble breathing should be evaluated by a doctor.

However, my daughter started learning to squeal by inhaling in a startling way. It sounded crazy! When in doubt ask your doc, but baby could be starting to inhale to squeal.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are describing it exactly. He's being playful and then he starts this gasping and it's not constant, it's not alarming but concerning. I have a call into our pediatrician. Thank you!
  • Options
    Yeah my pedi had a great giggle at me when I brought DD in for the inhale-to-squeal thing. I was embarrassed, but hey, it sounded crazy!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"