March 2015 Moms
Options

*vent*

jillbabe91jillbabe91 member
edited February 2015 in March 2015 Moms
I had a friend before I was pregnant who I would hang out with a lot and go out with, "bestfriend" supposedly. Well I found out I was pregnant and we hung out once after that and then she stopped talking to me all together! No how are you's, texts or calls, nothing. Well, 8 months later, out of the blue yesterday she calls me saying she just found out a couple days ago she's pregnant and how we can have "play dates" now. The hell? Where were you this whole time before you were pregnant???? I guess I'm negative Nancy over here but I think that's pretty messed up that you want to be my friend now..anyone else experience some messed up stuff with family/friends while being pregnant?

Re: *vent*

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. You have every right to vent! You lost a friend when you probably needed her most :(

Although it doesn't make it right, your friend probably didn't know how to relate to you anymore once you told her you were pregnant. I'll be honest, I haven't done very many "fun" things since I've become pregnant and I can see why my friends don't invite me out as much anymore. I think many people go trough this.

If this had happened to me, I would try to rekindle the relationship that I had with my bestfriend.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I was the person who did that to their "best friend" I had suffered a loss and she would always mention my baby ( things like how she wished my baby was here and asked what it felt like when I was pregnant, even what my miscarriages felt like. And that hurt. That being said, I still regret not talking to her and telling her why I was having a hard time. I didn't stop talking to her because she was pregnant but because she would bring up my continued losses I was actually very happy and thankful she didn't go through what I went through. I don't know your friend's situation but you have every right to be pissed and I know A LOT of people that have friend disapear when they get pregnant for whatever reason and if that's the case her loss and you should tell her exactly how you feel and that it is a really terrible thing that since she is pregnant she thinks she can just be BFFs again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am kind of on the fence about this. You do realize not everyone has to be psyched about your pregnancy right?

Not everyone is at that point yet. Sounds like your friend may have had other priorities that were differing to yours, and guess what? That's okay!

I always remind people who complain that they haven't heard from me in a long time, that they too have phones. If they are so concerned, they could have called or texted as well. So perhaps ask yourself the same thing, if you really truly valued your friendship, were you also holding up your end? Were you making phone calls? From your original post, it sounds like you expected all the work to come from her end. No where did you say you attempted to call her, you only expected her to call you. Which she did to tell you of her happy news.

I think if you value your friendship, you squee in her news as well as you both are on a similar track in life of being mommies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Very true! Not everyone feels the same about pregnancy and can be in different places in life. I did try to text her about 2 to 3 times, but no response so I gave up. Last I heard from her was 8 months ago after we hung out that one time after me telling her, she was asking for a ride and I couldn't. From then on nada.
  • Options
    @jillbabe91‌
    It is weird ! And my name is Christina, and hers is Kristin.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I was the person who did that to their "best friend" I had suffered a loss and she would always mention my baby ( things like how she wished my baby was here and asked what it felt like when I was pregnant, even what my miscarriages felt like. And that hurt. That being said, I still regret not talking to her and telling her why I was having a hard time. I didn't stop talking to her because she was pregnant but because she would bring up my continued losses I was actually very happy and thankful she didn't go through what I went through. I don't know your friend's situation but you have every right to be pissed and I know A LOT of people that have friend disapear when they get pregnant for whatever reason and if that's the case her loss and you should tell her exactly how you feel and that it is a really terrible thing that since she is pregnant she thinks she can just be BFFs again.
    I did the similar thing too. I had a miscarriage in January and my friend got pregnant in march of some guy she just met. I felt that I was treated unfairly by God it was rough :(
    I continued texting her but she disappeared...(probably something I said)
    The friendship went very sour with no texts and then I got her baby shower invitation which I plainly ignored...
    I grieved this loss of her friendship for months but I am over now.

I regret and I should have been more mature but again at that moment that was very hard on me, I was indeed selfish I guess :(
  • Options
    I had a similar situation. A friend of mine finally got pregnant after a long TTC period of four years. I was so happy for her went out to celebrate early on at lunch when I had first found out about our pregnancy. I kept getting up and running to the bathroom (hooray morning sickness). She finally kinda yelled at me saying. "I can't get sick so I think this celebration should be postponed." That's when I told her I was pregnant but early on. She had nothing positive to say to be after that. Basically how I got lucky to be pregnant just 9 months after trying and how it's probably hard for me to appreciate it because I didn't try so hard. I thought it was a real response out of pain... But then my morning sickness got worse putting me in the hospital for fluids, and I would not wax poetic about being pregnant. She told other people I knew how unappreciative I was for my pregnancy and that I would never truly love my baby like she loves hers no matter what. I cut ties... I didn't need that stress in my life. It hurt because I tried to be so supportive of her throughout her journey TTC, and then to be essentially crapped on like I was just broke the camels back. I wish I could have tried but if she didn't try then I didn't want to either...

There were a lot of heinous things said toward me that I couldn't put behind me. Bottom line if you feel hurt by it still go with your gut. Rekindle if your heart is in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"