Babies on the Brain
Options

Do you have an Age cut off for having babies?

13»

Re: Do you have an Age cut off for having babies?

• Options
    Mine and my BF's cut off is 35. I'm a type 1 diabetic, so I have to have extremely tight blood sugar control or the baby could have a lot of defects. Pair that with the doubling of risks and it's just not a good idea for us. It's a choice we both made together.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

• Options
    Can we kill this thread? It never ends
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is the thread that never eeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnds,
    It just goes on and on my frieeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnds....
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Options
    I too am a child of an older parent. (he was almost 60 when I was born!)
    I loved my family dynamic. and in a way I think my sister and I kept my dad young. He didn't act as old as other people his age. He passed away a few years ago and I've spent a long time thinking about it. Whos to say an old dad vs a young dad wouldnt have still died when he did. It was cancer not age that took him. My life was possibly more rich because he was older and wiser. I say go for it. why limit yourself? I have family members who are 40/42 when they gave birth to their daughters.
    On the flip side, for me its not so much age as it is me being able to still enjoy new boobs, cause damn the girls have taken a beating and we aint even done! ;)
  • Options
    It's a lot harder to carry a baby the older you get. I was 20 when I had my first, 23 for my second, and 38 for my third. I had my tubes untied to give my second husband the gift and joy of fatherhood. We waited 12 years for this miracle. But, the pregnancy was unbelievably difficult on me. A lot due to hormonal changes and the pressure on my spine. And having a newborn while at the height of my career is really stressful and a huge balancing act. She was a beautiful gift to me and I am so fortunate that she is here and healthy. And seeing my husband with this baby girl...there are no words for that beautiful sight. But this will definitely be my last. She is about to turn a year and I'm still having postpartum issues.
  • Options
    Well I had my first daughter at 21 and my second at 22 so we are getting things started super early. I'm hoping to be done having kids by 30, but you never know. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 42 TTC #1 with IVF and I pray it works soon because I definitely don't want to be still TTC when I'm 44 or 45. I am physically fit and have a hubby 9 years younger so I definitely don't feel too old to be having children. It's definitely about lifestyle and how you keep yourself in shape that will determine how active you will be as a parent, not just your age.   But due to all the risks as we age, I think 44 for a live birth will be my cutoff. It's sad to think I'm so close the that cliff! But life didn't give me the husband of my dreams until this year so I'm in this situation now.
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Options

Right on. I have said for a while that if by 30 I haven't had a second one then I would be one and done but I don't think 40 is "too old" for a new baby. As long as you are capable I don't see any problem.

P.S. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly say not to limit self because you might accidentally get pregnant past the day you choose...i just had my first baby 3 weeks ago but i want to wait until she is about 3 before i have another because i am still new to the mommy thing. As of now i am 20 years old
  • Options
    38 is my preferred cut off. If you feel incomplete, I would go for it! You wouldn't be breaking any records for oldest mom. As long as you are healthy!
    Width="630"

• Options
    30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30. It sounds like you really are open to this and if you really want it, you'll make it work. There's no point in worrying about the "what ifs" in life - you'll then be too distracted to live in the moment! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    At 45 I can outrun most 20 year olds. Babies need love and nurturing. Have a baby whenever you want! We take much better care of ourselves than a generation before us did.
  • Options
    I'd like to be done by 30.
  • Options
    I really want to birth a newborn and not an older baby.

That is the cut off we have. I would have loved to get all this done by 30 but that isn't how my life worked out. I am in fertility treatments to try for a second child and I turn 40 this summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"