Baby Showers

baby shower timing

My edd is June 2nd and one of my besties is due on July 30. Is it too late to have a shower for her on the 28th of June. Its about 4 weeks before her due date. I know my due date can be off by 2 weeks so I don't want to just be getting out of the hospital and then co-host a shower. Is 4 weeks before edd too late for a shower?

Re: baby shower timing

• I would feel panicked with that plan, but that's just me! Why not have a joint shower in early May?! You would both be preg and it would make for some sweet pictures!
  • LoveLee85 said:
    I would feel panicked with that plan, but that's just me! Why not have a joint shower in early May?! You would both be preg and it would make for some sweet pictures!

Unless they had already planned on identical guest lists, a joint baby shower could be really uncomfortable.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well my pregnant friend was the one who offered to host my friends shower so it wouldn't work out too well. I know it's rushed but I wouldn't feel comfortable hosting one during my 8th month. She also would barely be 6 months which seems a little early for one.
  • Hosting a shower pregnant would be easier than a couple weeks pp IMO

• Throwing her shower 4 weeks before her DD is fine.
  • i don't necessarily think 4 weeks before she's due is too late, but for me, 2-4 weeks postpartum would have been too early to want to host. either way, i would ask your friend if she is comfortable with the date.
  • I think it's fine to have a shower 4 weeks before someone's EDD.  It's also fine to do it in the 6th month.

However, I will also advise that you may regret waiting to have your friend's shower until after your baby arrives.  I would have much rather hosted a shower heavily pregnant than with a 2-4 week old baby and a body in the throes of recovery.  

If you are co-hosting and there are other hostesses to do the major stuff, and you can just sort of be an "honorary" hostess, you're probably fine.  Maybe you can pitch in and help with stuff that has to be done before your EDD like invites or buying decorations?
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I think it's fine to have a shower 4 weeks before someone's EDD.  It's also fine to do it in the 6th month.

However, I will also advise that you may regret waiting to have your friend's shower until after your baby arrives.  I would have much rather hosted a shower heavily pregnant than with a 2-4 week old baby and a body in the throes of recovery.  

If you are co-hosting and there are other hostesses to do the major stuff, and you can just sort of be an "honorary" hostess, you're probably fine.  Maybe you can pitch in and help with stuff that has to be done before your EDD like invites or buying decorations?
    This! I would much rather host pregnant than with a NB.

• LoveLee85 said:

I would feel panicked with that plan, but that's just me! Why not have a joint shower in early May?! You would both be preg and it would make for some sweet pictures!

This is a horrible idea.  Whoever would be hosting that shower would have to shell out major bucks to host all of those people.  

And who the hell is 'preg'?  

I believe I read this late at night during one of my headache episodes. I thought OP meant they were having a co-shower after her baby was born. That is why I said have the co-shower in May. SORRY. Lol And apparently I say preg that night, SORRY again. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"