Cloth Diapering

Alternative to disposable Pull Ups?

Hi ladies.  I don't normally post on this board, but I figured you could give me some advise.

For many reasons that I will not go into, I did not use cloth diapers for my DD.  So, I know very little about the "modern" cloth diapers.  I remember my mom using the old school ones with real pins and plastic covers on my sister in the late 80s!  LOL!

DD is 2.5.  She pees and poops on the potty frequently at DC and at home. It's about 50/50 though if her diaper is dry or wet when it's potty time. She definalty has interest, but it not 100% ready to go diaper free. I'm not a fan of the whole potty-train in a weekend thing, and I'm letting her take it at her own pace.

However, I was thinking about switching to pull ups to make things easier (I'm horrible at changing diapers with her standing up!) But my concern about pull ups is that they are just as absorbant as a diaper and the child never feels wet. I've looked at those cotton gerber traning pants, but they are just thick underware and don't catch anything (I learned by experience becasue several months ago she had a yeast infection and needed to go without a diaper while at home for a couple hours - they don't hold anthing).

I want her to feel wet, so she learns that she peed, but I also want decent absorbabcy so that I don't have to also change her pants!  Basically like a cloth pull up?  I'm sure such a thing exists in the cloth diaper world?

Any suggestions?

I've also heard someon mentiont hat they put underwear under the disposable pull up?  I'm guessing that served the same purpose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Alternative to disposable Pull Ups?

• Blueberrys diapers makes training pants
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• I use Best Bottoms cloth diapers and their trainers.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are crafty at all, there are also some DIY training pants that some people have made. I think they sew in a few layers of absorbency to regular underpants, and add a panel of PUL on the outside. You could probably google for a tutorial. Or ask about it in the Crunchy Moms forum.
  • I use Best Bottoms cloth diapers and their trainers.

@MrsCarroll.6-10-07 - How absorbant are the trainners?  I'm guessing if I wanted to use them like folks use disposable Pull Ups, then I'd need to start with the diaper inserts?  However looking at thier website, there are like 5 different type of inserts?  Only one is called "feel dry".  So the others let the child feel that they are wet?  Which would you use to mimic a disposable pull up?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question ... as mentioned in my first post, I did not use cloth diapers, so I'm nost familair with all the new lingo with modern cloth diapers (and thier trainners).

Thanks!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• I used ecoposh trainers because they looked the most like undies. Hidden PUL layer, inner bamboo. My toddler can use them for overnight, they hold one big pee (but eventually the cotton outer gets wet, so they have to be changed pretty quick after).
  • Kushies make training pants check them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"