3rd Trimester
Options

Shaving

Okay strange topic, but I have noticed that the last few times I have gone to shave my legs, it ends up looking like a murder scene. I am 30 weeks pregnant (almost 31) and never had this problem until a few weeks ago. Obviously we produce more blood because of the pregnancy, but can this extreme bleeding be a symptom of pregnancy or something else? It takes awhile for it to stop bleeding and usually covers most of my leg or both legs. I've used just water, soap, shaving gel, shaving cream, you name it and each time it is the same result.

Thanks!

Re: Shaving

• Options
    Hormones can make your hair thicker, courser, different texture, and all sorts of other things. Then also you have more blood so that doesn't help. 

Try using a different razor and only shaving in the same direction the hair grows. Don't shave against the grain, that is how you nick yourself. I know it takes longer and you don't get as close as a shave, but you also won't be bleeding either. You can also try exfoliating before with some sugar and oil scrub. 

I'm 37 weeks and rarely shave now haha it's not worth the trouble considering it's freezing out! But I have light, thin hair so it's not too bad. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 31 weeks now and I agree that shaving is a disaster - I switched to the type of razor that comes with the built in shaving cream - like the Intuition or the Venus. It makes the whole process so much easier and that layer of shaving cream kind of protects from all the cuts :) On a side note, I haven't noticed any cuts that I do get bleeding more than normal - you probably want to check with your OB...Otherwise good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Should i feel bad that i ask DH shave me and do my toes? Poor thing no wonder he is ready for baby's debut lol
  • Options
    Try conditioner instead of shaving gel.. weird but works for me.. also its really wrong to have someone else shave you.. just saying!

• Options
    Haha, shaving, what's that?  If I can't see it or reach it, it's not happening.  I've already told my husband we can't have any babies in the summer because if I have to shave, it's not going to be pretty!
  • Options

Try conditioner instead of shaving gel.. weird but works for me.. also its really wrong to have someone else shave you.. just saying!

......why, pray tell?

• Options
    I tried a new shaving gel and it wasn't AS bad, but I still bleed a lot. This time I just didn't have over half my leg looking like it went through a cheese grater. I am definitely starting to shave less because well I can't reach certain body parts now lol. I may have to ask my husband to at least shave my legs.
  • Options
    I've given up. Its too hard.
  • Options

Your skin is very dry I bet. use conditioner, or just forget it[; I am 34 weeks and no longer shave my legs! Too much work! :)

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm 30 weeks along with my first baby. My hubby shaves my legs for me!:)
  • Options
    I just told my husband he has to shave me because I roll around like a weeble trying to get everything and he looked beyond mortified. Then I told him I would do the Captain Morgan pose so he can really get everywhere. The look on his face was priceless. Thankfully the hair on my legs is growing insanely slow and maybe it is my own vanity, but I just don't want to look like chewbacca when giving birth. I know they have seen it all, but I at least want me legs to look decent! Thankfully the last time I shaved it didn't look like a massacre.
  • Options
    brita7869 said:
    I just told my husband he has to shave me because I roll around like a weeble trying to get everything and he looked beyond mortified. Then I told him I would do the Captain Morgan pose so he can really get everywhere. The look on his face was priceless. Thankfully the hair on my legs is growing insanely slow and maybe it is my own vanity, but I just don't want to look like chewbacca when giving birth. I know they have seen it all, but I at least want me legs to look decent! Thankfully the last time I shaved it didn't look like a massacre.
    i think mine is growing a little slower than normal too.  pregnancy plus? lol 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I suggest getting an epilator. I bought one for like 25 bucks at walgreens. Its right next to electric shavers (which is also an option) but epilators are electric and have fast tweezers. It doesnt hurt as much as it sounds and hair doesnt grow back for a while becuz u get them at the root.
  • Options
    Ace226 said:

......why, pray tell?

To which part? Conditioner makes it smoother and I don't cut as much. Idk why. As for hubs shaving. No thanks. Something's are just personal. I would be a little weirded out if he asked me to shave his curlys.
  • Options
    I would just wax it.
  • Options
    lalamommalalamomma member
    edited April 2015
    I use venus razors and I can't remember the last time I cut myself. Very helpful. I tried to make sure I maintained while pregnant last time which was easier than waiting a long time between. I'm sure it wasn't perfect but I figured it was better than if I did nothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker