May 2015 Moms
Options

getting sick

Okay so this past week I have been taking care of my BF. He's sick with a cough, sore throat and all that great stuff. He kept coughing and every time would just let it go wherever. After constantly asking him to cover his mouth because I didn't want to get sick he did so, on day 5. He also refused to go to the doctor.
I woke up this morning with a sore throat and cough and after taking care of him for a week all I got was "I hate that you're on this health kick, just take this medicine, you're turning into your mom."
On the label it clearly says DO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
Am I being over dramatic by getting mad or is it perfectly acceptable to get mad about?

Re: getting sick

• Options
    Just don't take the medicine. obviously, you're not supposed to take it while pregnant. He shouldn't be that dumb. But it's not worth getting mad over. You feel crappy enough while sick! And it's certainly not a "Health Kick" if you don't take a medicine while pregnant that you're not supposed to take! He's probably acting jerky because he feels guilty for getting you sick. (though if my husband were sick while I was pregnant, I probably wouldn't be doing much "taking care of him" anyway. It's a friggin cold!

Go to the pharmacy and ask what you can take that's okay in pregnancy. Drink tea, stay hydrated. And cough wherever the heck YOU want! lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Options
    It is going to happen. you wont be the only sick pregnant woman out there... just think about all of us who already have kids... walking germ mobiles! Just call your doctor and usually they will see you pretty quick and give you something safe to take for pregnancy.... after 72 hours of your first occurring symptoms though, they prob wont do much, so the sooner you call the better! Also, while you are out to the dr, grab some lysol and spray down the house, it will help it to not be a reoccuring issue since germs live on surfaces for awhile

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed by that reaction.
  • Options
    I'd be pissed. I've been ill so much this pregnancy that someone spreading more germs would not go down well!
  • Options
    That comment alone would piss me off... Luckily my hubbs has been on the "health kick" for me. My DD had strep and wouldn't let her near me except a quick hug or loves lol. He kept saying your mom cannot get sick so maybe you can sit on the other couch and not cough on her please. This was a plus as he also took care of all her needs while she was fevering and miserable.
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed. My 4 year old coughs and sneezes in her elbow. But lots of pregnant women get sick with our decreased immune system.

That said, my dr said I could take anything over the counter for my cold/congestion because I couldn't breathe. For just a sore throat though I'd just drink tea and use thieves oil on my chest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"