February 2015 Moms
Options

Just for fun, is your Ob\Gyn, midwife, or Doula male or female ?

erikadiorerikadior member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 Moms
My Ob\Gyn is a male and I feel really bonded and understood with him.

Just for fun, is your Ob\Gyn, midwife, or Doula male or female ? 173 votes

female
64% 111 votes
male
35% 62 votes

Re: Just for fun, is your Ob\Gyn, midwife, or Doula male or female ?

• Options
    You are missing both as an option. 3 women and 2 men in my practice. You see them all for the most part.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a female OBGYN. I just feel more comfortable seeing a woman on a yearly basis for Pap smears and mammograms.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is a male but like PP you see all of them when you are pregnant and whichever one is on their hospital rotation is who delivers you. It is about half and half in the practice.
  • Options
    Mine is a male Dr but I have a female on doing my csection with my Dr assisting.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen both a male and female OB. No idea who which will actually deliver the baby.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have to see all 4 doctors in the practice since there's no telling who will be on call. 3 men and 1 woman. I prefer the one male doctor but it's a close tie with the female. I thought going into this I would want to never see a male etc. Surprised myself.
  • Options
    I have a female, only have seen her, or her 2 nurse practitioners this whole pregnancy. Her on call day is Friday usually, but I do know that she delivers her patients, no one else does; unless she's out of town or sick. At that point, it's one of the nurse practitioners I've seen and an observing physician or OBGYN if one is available. So either way, my baby will be delivered by someone I know and have come to trust. :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My OB that I see on a regular basis is female. Here, you see one person at the practice throughout your pregnancy but then there will be a totally different staff at the hospital L&D. So I have no idea who will deliver me :)
  • Options
    I have a female OB and I thought I would only be comfortable with a female however in my area people seem to be liking the males better. The two females I've seen this pregnancy have been kinda attitude-y so I'm gonna go with a male next time. No need for any more hormonal attitudes during pregnancy haha.
  • Options
    I have a male. I feel more comfortable with him because he's more understanding of how I'm feeling. Versus a female who feels like if she can do it so can you. I hate that.
  • Options
    My OB is male. In the practice there are 2 females and 2 males but I don't see any of them besides my own. He will be the one to deliver my baby no matter the day or time unless he is sick, out of town, or tied up with another birth. I never thought I could see a male until I was referred to him years ago for irregular pap. He delivered my DD and it was a wonderful experience.
  • Options
    Mine is a male. He is the only gynecologist I have ever been to. So I guess you like who you get use to
  • Options
    Male OB, female nurses, female doula... I've only ever had male OB/GYNs tho.
  • Options
    My primary OB is a male, but I usually see the female CRNP when I go in for my yearly appts. With pregnancy, I rotate through all the OBs, so I'm not sure who will deliver.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    theladycoy13theladycoy13 member
    edited February 2015
    My OB is a female but there are male OBs in the practice..I won't know who delivers my baby till that day I am hoping it's my OB but I guess in the end I will just want the baby out ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"