Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Chicco Keyfit 30 magic and city mini

Who has had this combo? Do you recommend it? Or should I be looking at another combination of car seat and lightweight stroller?

Re: Chicco Keyfit 30 magic and city mini

• Options
    We have a keyfit 30 and city mini gt. Love it!! The adapter is easy to use and sturdy, and the stroller has been great for walks and other outdoor activities. However for a lightweight everyday stroller we use a chicco liteway plus. It stays in our car and is perfect for shopping and quick trips. Our LO doesn't use the keyfit anymore, but the liteway is still great as a simple umbrella stroller.
  • Options
    Where do you purchase said adapter?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should be able to buy it wherever you buy the city mini. We bought ours at diapers.com, but the baby jogger website and several other baby stores sell them.
  • Options
    We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and City Mini GT and it works as a great combo. I love how compact the stroller folds. Instead of the $60 adaptor bar we got this $8 strap and it works perfectly. Britax Adapter Strap Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QEAJ9K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_7PSOub0CK2NA2
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    How do you use the strap? Is it as safe and secure?
  • Options

How do you use the strap? Is it as safe and secure?

The strap attaches to the stroller then holds the car seat across the middle where you'd use a seatbelt install. We tighten ours up pretty good and it feels secure and fine. If I thought it wasn't safe I wouldn't use it :)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Where does the seat sit? On the reclined seat? Do you have a picture?
  • Options
    The car seat sits on the stroller seat (not reclined). I have pictures on my computer (I'm mobile now). I'll try to upload them tonight.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Okay thank you!
  • Options
    I found pictures of a car seat and the britax seat strap in a city mini here:

https://babynews.com/index.php/2009/10/britax-chaperone-infant-carrier-adapting-to-baby-jogger-city-mini-stroller/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Sorry, realized I don't have the photos on the laptop I have with me (traveling for holidays). I can look when I'm home early next week.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    I have this combo and used it with my son (who is now 3), and plan on using it again with baby #2.  I had to order the adapter directly from the city mini website, but that was almost 4 years ago so you might be able to find it in stores now.  I found it a little tricky at first to get the carseat to "Latch" into the adapter because it has to be put in just right for it to click in, but once I figured it out it was fine.  I love this stroller though, both with the adapter and carseat for an infant, and alone for when my son was older.
  • Options
    I have this combo, just put it together with the universal adapter by baby jogger. I am only able to get it to click with baby facing away from handle, has anyone had this issue? Do I need to take off the actual seat and umbrella? The carrier seems secure but there is no audidble click or locking.

OP I love both and would recommend them! I just gotta figure out the click part.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• Options
    I have this combo, just put it together with the universal adapter by baby jogger. I am only able to get it to click with baby facing away from handle, has anyone had this issue? Do I need to take off the actual seat and umbrella? The carrier seems secure but there is no audidble click or locking.

OP I love both and would recommend them! I just gotta figure out the click part

That doesn't seem right at all. Can you post a pic?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    LittleApple  Will do tonight. It doesn't seem right to me either. I am usually pretty good at putting stuff together, we actually had like 5 friends try to figure it out one night.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"