Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco Keyfit 30 magic and city mini

Who has had this combo? Do you recommend it? Or should I be looking at another combination of car seat and lightweight stroller?

Re: Chicco Keyfit 30 magic and city mini

• We have a keyfit 30 and city mini gt. Love it!! The adapter is easy to use and sturdy, and the stroller has been great for walks and other outdoor activities. However for a lightweight everyday stroller we use a chicco liteway plus. It stays in our car and is perfect for shopping and quick trips. Our LO doesn't use the keyfit anymore, but the liteway is still great as a simple umbrella stroller.
  • Where do you purchase said adapter?
  • Loading the player...
  • You should be able to buy it wherever you buy the city mini. We bought ours at diapers.com, but the baby jogger website and several other baby stores sell them.
  • We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and City Mini GT and it works as a great combo. I love how compact the stroller folds. Instead of the $60 adaptor bar we got this $8 strap and it works perfectly. Britax Adapter Strap Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QEAJ9K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_7PSOub0CK2NA2
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • How do you use the strap? Is it as safe and secure?
  • How do you use the strap? Is it as safe and secure?

The strap attaches to the stroller then holds the car seat across the middle where you'd use a seatbelt install. We tighten ours up pretty good and it feels secure and fine. If I thought it wasn't safe I wouldn't use it :)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Where does the seat sit? On the reclined seat? Do you have a picture?
  • The car seat sits on the stroller seat (not reclined). I have pictures on my computer (I'm mobile now). I'll try to upload them tonight.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Okay thank you!
  • I found pictures of a car seat and the britax seat strap in a city mini here:

https://babynews.com/index.php/2009/10/britax-chaperone-infant-carrier-adapting-to-baby-jogger-city-mini-stroller/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Sorry, realized I don't have the photos on the laptop I have with me (traveling for holidays). I can look when I'm home early next week.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I have this combo and used it with my son (who is now 3), and plan on using it again with baby #2.  I had to order the adapter directly from the city mini website, but that was almost 4 years ago so you might be able to find it in stores now.  I found it a little tricky at first to get the carseat to "Latch" into the adapter because it has to be put in just right for it to click in, but once I figured it out it was fine.  I love this stroller though, both with the adapter and carseat for an infant, and alone for when my son was older.
  • I have this combo, just put it together with the universal adapter by baby jogger. I am only able to get it to click with baby facing away from handle, has anyone had this issue? Do I need to take off the actual seat and umbrella? The carrier seems secure but there is no audidble click or locking.

OP I love both and would recommend them! I just gotta figure out the click part.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• I have this combo, just put it together with the universal adapter by baby jogger. I am only able to get it to click with baby facing away from handle, has anyone had this issue? Do I need to take off the actual seat and umbrella? The carrier seems secure but there is no audidble click or locking.

OP I love both and would recommend them! I just gotta figure out the click part

That doesn't seem right at all. Can you post a pic?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • LittleApple  Will do tonight. It doesn't seem right to me either. I am usually pretty good at putting stuff together, we actually had like 5 friends try to figure it out one night.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"