September 2012 Moms
Options

Name help!!! Baby is here :)

Re: Name help!!! Baby is here :)

• Options
    Congrats!!!!!!! Yay! :)

About the name. Any chance of talking it out? Ethan was suppose to be Francis and I put my foot down that it wasn't happening. I still have mega guilt over this. Because of the guilt I agreed to Sean, and I really don't like the name. Their names are their names forever. You both need to be as happy as possible. I feel like the " do whatever attitude" is bad, and someone is going to end up mad.

Too bad there aren't more F names. Maybe there would be a different option you'd both love for her right away.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree on the above! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!

• Options
    Yay! Congrats! I agree that you should talk it out. Will you be unhappy with Frances (Frankie)? I don't think either person should be unhappy. I hope you have a restful day today with minimal visitors. Glad to hear BFing is going well so far!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yay!! Congrats! I definitely say talk it over with your H. And, Maryland isn't a person name. He's silly. 
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Glad you had her in the dark of night. I hope your visitors all call first.

I think he is just misunderstanding about Maryland as a name - he probably has never seen it written, just heard it. As for the first name, try to talk about it again later today. Maybe you can tell him you have fallen in love and he can tell you why he loves the other. Good luck and I can't wait to see pics?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Congratulations THT! Can't wait to see pics!

I agree with PP-talk it out. You don't have to agree, I'd say compromise. Francis Marilyn sounds super cute! You don't want one party to be upset bc that will be her name forever.

But I ended up with a baby whose middle name is Jeffrey. NMS or 1st choice, I just couldn't come up with something else and DH was insistent on using it or trying to incorporate his sister's name into a boys name. Was not working.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not that it matters, but I'm going to say it anyways. I like Frances for a girl. I just didn't like Francis for my boy; especially since he would have been the fifth.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I like Frances. Maryland is a state and I would not do that, ever.

But most importantly, congratulations, girl! Can't wait for pics.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! Hopefully you can come to a compromise on the name without too many hurt feelings. I know how it feels to still be debating the name well after he baby is born & it sucks.

But yeah, Maryland is soo not a person's name! It's like when you go through life singing the wrong lyrics to a song. He must've been going through life thinking Marilyn = Maryland.

• Options
    Congrats!!!

Maryland totally is not a name for a person. But Marilyn is. :)

• Options
    Picture already woman. Leave her nameless, it'll come.

• Options
    Congratulations!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!

Your H is mistaken--Maryland is a state.  No one is named that except people with siblings named Orangejello.  

Frances and Florence are both great--and I love both nicknames you've got worked out.  Still, there's no reason to rush it and pick one.  We didn't name DD  until like noon the next day.  Mull it over.  Let the whole thing sink in.  End up naming her Zelda instead.  Whatever happens.  Roll with it :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

Regarding the first name, I would do Florrie because I know the kind of regret I would have later. It nothing else, talk more.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats Frankie is adorable and so fitting! And I am laughing at Maryland.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    YAY Baby!  Congrats on another sweet girl!  Has Winnie met her yet?
  • Options
    Congrats THT! I saw you landed on Frankie, I actually really like that name (I liked the other too). I hope you are recovering well and can't wait to hear about the birth!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited February 2015
    I hope these pics post from the app! Little Frankie! Frances Marilyn :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    She is so cute! How is W doing? Her little face looks like she just realized her world is crashing down, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Congratulations THT!! She's such a doll. 

• Options
    Glad you decided on a name. What cute pics!

• Options
    AWww love those pics!!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    hmp1 said:

She is so cute! How is W doing? Her little face looks like she just realized her world is crashing down, lol.

I think that's how she felt after the first super adorable 15 minutes. She was a little in shock but kept kissing her. Then I could kind of see the jealousy build. Ahhhh!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I quadruple heart love that picture of you 3 girls....soooo adorable! You do look quite relaxed (and super pretty!) and oh so happy!!!!  Hope the bliss continues and your friends and family mind their Ps and Qs. <- that's a real expression, right? 

• Options
    Way late to the party, but she's awesome and Frankie is adorable. For what it's worth DH and I had the same issues when we named DD2, 6 months out I'm glad I went with the first name he loved and got to use my grandfathers name for her middle name. Plus for me it is a bargaining chip for #3 who I will name what ever the heck I want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  I think the name you choose is perfect!!  you have two beautiful little girls :) 
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    Congrats lady!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Congrats!! I'm glad you chose Frankie, that was my favorite!  You are all too cute!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    She is beautiful! Congrats!
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"