3rd Trimester
Options

35 weeks csection scar pain. insight?

I posted on another board but no such luck...Hi, everyone! I'm coming out of lurker status to pick your lovely brains. ;) I'm 35 weeks and coming up on my third csection and for the past week or so I've been having these aching sharp pains in a few spots along my csection scar. Not the superficial scar but the internal one. I am TERRIFIED of uterine rupture. I've talked to my dr a couple times and she seems unconcerned. She ordered a scan yesterday to check out my scar and the tech couldn't really see it because my little chick is fully engaged in my pelvis. She did say that there wasn't any evidence of fluid build up around the scar that she could see but my fear is that this pain is a warning that a UR is coming. I do have a chest cold that has me hacking a lot so I'm hoping that's just aggravating my scar and the pressure from the baby as well. Does anyone have any insight or similar experience? I'm afraid to push for an earlier csection because I don't want to take her out underdeveloped because of paranoia and have her in the NICU but I also don't want to excuse away something as big as a potential UR.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker TTC#1 from March 2007 - laparoscopy #1 10/08 endometriosis - BFP#1 11/08- missed m/c @7w3d - d&c 12/08 - BFP#2 4/1/2009 Tamoxifen - 22 hr labor, 2 failed epidurals and emergency c-section & Joanna Margaret born 12:42am 12/22/09!!! - TTC#2 from Sept. 2010 - laparoscopy #2 10/18/11 more endometrosis - BFP#3 2/14/2012 IUI cycle & tamoxifen - natural m/c at 5w1d - BFP#4 7/8/2012! threatened m/c but still hanging on!

Re: 35 weeks csection scar pain. insight?

• Options
    I know the feeling.  I have stabbing pains in a spot where I had a uterine myomectomy 4 years ago.  I have a scar tissue bump there so I know there is scar tissue stretching but I cannot help but worry about uterine rupture too.  This is my second pregnancy since the myomectomy and I had this pain last time  and had no UR problems so I'm trying not to worry.  this is where knowing too much makes me worry more, but I'm trying not too since it wasn't a problem in my last pregnancy and I was gianenormous!   You're probably right, the cough is aggravating the scar.  My hunch would be that the uterus is totally fine, but what you're feeling is the scar tissue on the outside of the uterus is pulling now that you're near the end of your pregnancy.  Hang in there & GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker TTC#1 from March 2007 - laparoscopy #1 10/08 endometriosis - BFP#1 11/08- missed m/c @7w3d - d&c 12/08 - BFP#2 4/1/2009 Tamoxifen - 22 hr labor, 2 failed epidurals and emergency c-section & Joanna Margaret born 12:42am 12/22/09!!! - TTC#2 from Sept. 2010 - laparoscopy #2 10/18/11 more endometrosis - BFP#3 2/14/2012 IUI cycle & tamoxifen - natural m/c at 5w1d - BFP#4 7/8/2012! threatened m/c but still hanging on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know that must be a scary feeling.  I have a very large myomectomy scar.  I had an 18cm fibroid removed three years ago and also have pain there.  Don't worry, it is most likely nerve pain.  Most nerve endings heal within 10 months of injury but not always and I have some pain there, most likely from all of the stretching from pregnancy.  If you have spoken to your doctor about it and they are not concerned then try to relax.

BabyName Ticker'>Thoward

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"