September 2015 Moms
Options

Nervous about weight gain

Long story short, I had weight loss surgery 6 years ago and was doing fantastic. Got married and gained 20 pounds. Then I went off birthcontrol and had 15 pound weight gain. I've been stable at 220 for a while now ( and happy with my size 16 self) but now this baby gain is making me anxious.

I'm starving all the time and just feel I eat like crazy now. I've only gained 2-4 pounds (flucuates) but it still feels like a lot. Has anyone else gone through this? Any plus size ladies out there nervous about gaining baby weight and if so, how are you dealing with it? Any advice from veterans?
TIA!

Re: Nervous about weight gain

• Options
    I'm plus size and have a great nutritionist. I've found two things work for me - I have an app where I record everything I eat so I can be mindful about what I'm eating without starving and I have a range of great snacks. Pretzels and rice crackers I find super good and both have low calories.
  • Options
    I had wls five years ago and I have gained 22 lbs since my surgery, 7 of which I have lost recently thanks to wicked morning / all day sickness. I worry about my cravings and that the only things I can keep down are carbs. I can't keep down healthy foods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm fluctuating around a 5 lb gain. My morning sickness only goes away with food and carby food.

I walk in the treadmill for 30 mins 3 times a week and it helps keep the gain in check.
  • Options
    I'm really nervous about this too. Though I am not plus size I'm worried about weight gain because of how it impacts my self esteem and mood . I need to work out a lot to feel great, happy, and alive in my body. I have finally found exercises that make me feel great about myself but they are very strenuous. I have gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks which is a lot for me, as I haven't been able to do my normal super intense exercises (hot yoga 4x/wk, weights, ocean swimming). Regular exercise isn't working as great for my body and its scaring me a bit.
    Me (27) & Hubby (40): 1/22/11
    EDD of 1st: 9/11/15
    PhD grad date: 6/1/16
  • Options
    I am nervous I have already gained 6 lbs and I'm 8 wks 6 days it seems like I'm hungry but have no energy to burn it off
  • Options
    There's a fine line, especially for me, in that I like really like eating! And when you're pregnant there's a constant excuse. (I'm just trying to limit my sugar at this point!?) I thought that when I got pregnant I would be a stickler about my diet, but honestly, potatoes are my friend these days. Sad but true. Trying not to beat myself up over food though. It's not the point. :) Granted it's 'bery tazty.... Just do your best. <3
  • Options
    Never have had weight loss surgery, but I feel the same. Literally three days before my BFP, I saw my dr and found out I lost 12lbs on a low carb diet for PCOS. Unfortunately now that I'm PG it doesn't seem feasible to keep that up and I'm hungry ALL THE TIME lol. I'm hoping this goes away soon!! Little snacks between meals like cheese and protein shakes seem to help during the week and I've been giving myself some cheat treats on the weekend :-) good luck!!!
  • Options
    I hear you about being nervous. The best thing you can do is avoid added sugar and white carbs. It's not really good to reduce calories while pregnant. maybe your insurance would cover a nutritionist if you've had surgery for weight loss?
  • Options
    I have some self esteem issues thanks to my ex husband so I am determined to only gain the necessary weight with this baby. Plus I think it is super irresponsible for pregnant women to binge eat during pregnancy. Yes we are eating for two but seriously.... That doesn't mean double the calories. I would like to be healthy and have a healthy baby too!
  • Options
    I've never been overweight but have always had issues with my weight. I actually never let the dr weigh me because I knew it would drive me nuts. I'm size 2. So at my first pregnancy dr appt I let them weigh me because I had to but I'm also afraid of gaining weight. I always worked out to the extreme since I was 17. I have still been working out but try to limit myself to an hour a day or 30miles per week. I think as long as we are eating healthy and exercising the recommended 30mins or more the weight will be easier to come off after baby.
  • Options
    Yes I am very cautious especially when my first pregnancy 8 years ago I went from 180 to 274 giving birth...now at 230 and was working on losing the last 30lbs I learned from my last pregnancy to stay away from sugary drinks and try to snack in healthy items every two hours
  • Options
    I also will be joining a pregnancy workout class and walking on my down time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"