Cloth Diapering

New to board, buying used question

Hi
I am due in April with my 2nd baby and want to cloth diaper this time around.  On my FB moms group site a mom selling used bum genius diapers, they are in rough shape needing new velcro tabs, selling $4 each.  Said elastics fine, no stains.  Is this worth my while as a newbie?  I saw I could replace velcro with snaps and also saw online can mail out and have someone do it for $4-5 a diaper.  Is this worth looking into, seems like a great deal but they are not in great used condition.  Thanks so much for any advice!  Total would be 80.00 for 16 diapers, some wet bags, includes some inserts as well.

Re: New to board, buying used question

• I need this feedback for sure!  I feel like its too good to be true in a way, and already little iffy with that they need replacement of velcro from the start.  I can't tell if there are thin spots the pics are them stacked folded up, said can come by and look though I am not sure I would honestly know if I could tell not knowing what to look for.  
    Thats good to know about buy buy baby for new.  Maybe I will start there and skip the used.  I don't want to get into a position where I am stuck with them and they are useless.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!!  I told her forget it!  My friend is letting me borrow her new diapers to try out and then will help me get more comfortable and then maybe venture into the used diaper world.  Thanks so much!!!!
  • Ditto what SAK said but FYI you can also do a gently used diaper trial through Jillian's Drawers. I did their newborn trial, and it was great to see what I liked and didn't like. I kept the BG FT and Thirsties duowrap but sent everything else back and used the credit to get a pail liner, 4.0 and other things I can't remember right now.

Congrats on your pregnancy.
  • Thanks!  I will check Jillians Drawers out that is a great idea!! :)
  • You can also ask on the other board for other places that do trials!
  • Ditto what SAK said but FYI you can also do a gently used diaper trial through Jillian's Drawers. I did their newborn trial, and it was great to see what I liked and didn't like. I kept the BG FT and Thirsties duowrap but sent everything else back and used the credit to get a pail liner, 4.0 and other things I can't remember right now. Congrats on your pregnancy.
    I had no idea they did this. What a great idea!

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage

• Ditto what SAK said but FYI you can also do a gently used diaper trial through Jillian's Drawers. I did their newborn trial, and it was great to see what I liked and didn't like. I kept the BG FT and Thirsties duowrap but sent everything else back and used the credit to get a pail liner, 4.0 and other things I can't remember right now.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

I had no idea they did this. What a great idea!

Yeah, it's called Try Cloth for $10. $10 is like the service fee. The thing I left out is you only use the diapers for 21 days, but it doesn't have to be birth to 21 days of life. I used them starting when she was a week old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"