July 2014 Moms
Options

Solids question

If this has been asked before, I apologize, please direct me to the link.

We started solids just after Christmas. Sweet potatoes, peas, pears, prunes and bananas so far. I've been using Earths Best stage 1. I am going to switch to Beechnut soon as they have more flavors. But my question is this, the stage 2 jars have combination flavors, pineapple, kale, apple and carrot for instance. Do I need to introduce each of those individually first and do the 3 day rule on each? So 3 days pineapple, 3 days kale, etc before I can give her a combo jar? Seems like it's going to take forever to introduce all these foods.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Solids question

• Options
    I try to not introduce too many things in one combo at a time since it makes it harder to know what caused a reaction.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    If there's a history of allergies, I would definitely introduce individually before combining. If no allergies, that's your call as mom.

Just know that if you give them all at once and lo has a reaction, you won't know exactly what the allergy is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's your own comfort level. We don't have a family history of allergies so I'm probably not as cautious as someone who does would be, but I'd probably still attempt to introduce most foods individually before starting on the combos.
  • Options
    My DH has a lot of food allergies and I introduced solids slowly/individually and STILL couldn't figure out what caused his rash.  Had to cut out all solids AND milk from my diet (BFing) to get it to go away and now we're slowly starting all over again with solids.  Ugh!! 

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I think in going to continue doing one at a time. Better safe than sorry.
    @PregsMcSnoozalot‌ -- that's tough! Hope things are better this time around.
  • Options
    My baby is now 6months and 1week old. I started giving him cerelac 1week ago but his milk intake reduce by half. Do other moms experience this? He didn't even finish the food. I gave him 5 very small servings with a small spoon intended for weaning.
  • Options
    My baby is now 6months and 1week old. I started giving him cerelac 1week ago but his milk intake reduce by half. Do other moms experience this? He didn't even finish the food. I gave him 5 very small servings with a small spoon intended for weaning.
    did you try serving milk first and then giving the cereal?

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    mcvgal said:
    did you try serving milk first and then giving the cereal?
    This. It's recommended that you give them milk/formula first because they still are getting most of their nutrients that way. I always give Spencer most of his formula, then food, then the rest of his formula to wash the food down.
  • Options
    We feed milk then have food 1 hr later. haven't had a reduction in ounces.
  • Options

My DH has a lot of food allergies and I introduced solids slowly/individually and STILL couldn't figure out what caused his rash.  Had to cut out all solids AND milk from my diet (BFing) to get it to go away and now we're slowly starting all over again with solids.  Ugh!! 

So what did you eat while you try to figure out what was causing the allergy? I know my LO is allergic to orange, lime and lander baby shampoo, I think there is something else but I can't figure it out yet. I breastfeed,is also a vegan and make my own baby food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"