June 2014 Moms

The SleepEasy Thread

191011121315»

Re: The SleepEasy Thread

• hey ladies :)

now that this method has been working for us and we have a routine, is it a big deal if baby boy falls asleep before going into his crib?  this happened last night and i didnt worry about it because i figured he now knows how to put himself back to sleep.  he did wake up and fuss a bit though.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CAMag said:

lola4411 said:

hey ladies :)

now that this method has been working for us and we have a routine, is it a big deal if baby boy falls asleep before going into his crib?  this happened last night and i didnt worry about it because i figured he now knows how to put himself back to sleep.  he did wake up and fuss a bit though.
    For us, a few anomalies every now and then didn't affect things, but too many days in a row of too many things really set us back.
    Same for us. I have to be careful not to let her fall asleep nursing so her sleep association doesn't return.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really stressing about naps.  DD is at daycare and they will try to put her down for naps at scheduled times but they won't let her cry for more than a few minutes.  Yesterday she only napped for 40 minutes and was awake from 11am to 6:30 when she crashed.  Any advice on how to get her to nap at DC?  Or is it a lost cause?  Thanks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• flojo973 said:

I'm really stressing about naps.  DD is at daycare and they will try to put her down for naps at scheduled times but they won't let her cry for more than a few minutes.  Yesterday she only napped for 40 minutes and was awake from 11am to 6:30 when she crashed.  Any advice on how to get her to nap at DC?  Or is it a lost cause?  Thanks!

Yikes. It stinks that daycare can't get on the same page. The book's suggestion is to take a few weeks off work to work on it. Super helpful...right?
  • Ugh, I cannot wait until this bout of teething subsides. LO's two front teeth have been screwing up our schedule all week and this morning she was up at 4am screaming. :( We have been doing everything we can to soothe her of course, but now her schedule is a mess. DH has to do bedtime solo tonight because I have a meeting about 30 mins away and I am quite scared of how that will go...
    Teeth are the devil. DD slept thru it, but DS struggles. He also got two at once which never happened with DD. Motrin really helps. Are you doing that?
    @nunzchucks Yes, we have tried both Tylenol and Motrin and we are also doing infant Orajel which seems to actually help the most (or at least gives the most immediate relief, but unfortunately is short-lived). I hate how she will be hungry for a bottle but can only take one sip and then starts crying. I can't move her up a nipple size because then she chokes. We can get her down for sleep at night after tylenol + Orajel, but once she stirs she's unable to settle herself again like she normally would because of the pain. Then she gets so worked up, she's awake for hours (like this morning). Ugh! Her first two teeth on the bottom were nothing like this and she was totally unphased so this caught us off guard, I guess. Just venting... I know we all have to deal with teething but it is just breaking my heart right now to see her like this and feeling so helpless. 
    question for you ladies: LO is getting his first tooth. i can feel it poking through finally!  why does the pain seem to only come at night?? grrrrr.  so if he wakes up in the middle of the night due to tooth pain, do you give him Tylenol then?  or are you giving it when you put them down?  i know the book says for teething and sickness you are supposed to sooth and pick them up.  what did you all do?  last nigth i just brought him in bed with us. thanks!

btw, this has been the most helpful thread even in pregnancy and since my LO was born.  i am sorry to hear that our j14 group seems to be dissipating and i am so thankful i got this support and help before it did :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lola4411 If I can tell that he's having a hard time with teething, I'll give him a dose of Tylenol before I feed him the last time before putting him to bed. Haven't had an issue with night wakings.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our LO is giving me a run for my money! The past week she has been averaging about 12-15 wake ups a night! She is teething however after our doctor appointment today they confirmed she has restless leg syndrome (heredity in family) so now we will treat with vitamins and in a week or so, start over with sleepeasy training! I'm so exhausted let's hope i find sown energy next week to stick with it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"