Multiples
Options

Neosure intolerance

Any of you have to use similac neosure with your babies? We have to pump and fortify with it and Matt is having a HORRIBLE time with it. Almost 100% sure he is having a milk allergy or to something in the neosure. He broke out in red welts/hives on stomach and face. They go away between feedings and then come right back with next feeding. We tried not fortifying his milk and saw improvement until I goofed and gave him about 10ml of straight formula (thinking it was just fortified bm). Horrible rash, violent stomach pains, arching back, turned red, spitting up to the point it was coming out his nose. Needless to say I got ZERO sleep last night. He has reflux, but wondering if this is the cause of that. I miss my happy content boy from NICU. He grunts and groans as though in pain most of the day/night. We give little remedies gas drops with each feeding with not much help either. That was our pediatrician a recommendation for the reflux. Now we have the rash to call about tomorrow. He seems pretty set on havin boys stay on the neosure. Well Matt suffers, Drew seems to be fine, except for random constipation today.

Any similar experiences/advice? Did they switch kids off neosure? If so to what?

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.

Re: Neosure intolerance

• Options
    Butting in from SAIF

My daughter was in the nicu and a month after she left was having the same thing you are experiencing we ended up at the gastro within two weeks because I told the pedi where to get off. It sounds like a def allergy. I would insist on trying a different formula first without milk then without soy and corn. Alimentum ready to feed is excellent for food allergies. There is no reason for your son or you to suffer.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    We use it and have no problems... My twins are three weeks old now. It sounds like an allergy and I would all your pedi for sure!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used it when we came home but I didn't like the fact that corn syrup solids are the first ingredient listed! So I asked the pedi if we could switch to organic formula and mix it to the right caloric concentration and she was fine with us doing that.
  • Options
    chrissynenachrissynena member
    edited January 2015
    My boy also has terrible reflux. Although he never had the hives, he had everything else. The pedi finally put him on Zantac and that helped his discomfort almost immediately. He still has so much spit up that I can't believe he has even eaten anything (but he is gaining weight so I know he is) but his discomfort is gone. We went thru 5 different formulas because he was so gassy. He is now on enfamil a.r. His gas is almost non existent now.

Edit to say we also tried different formulas and weighed them down with a teaspoon of karo syrup. Didn't help. Our baby girl is on enfamil gentle ease and has no issues.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    Mine are also on neosure. The only side effects they have is they are very stinky. Their poop and farts smell. My EBF older DS never smelled like this.

The hives would worry me. I would def talk to your pedi.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    My preemie son had terrible reflux on it as well and arched a lot early on. He was put on omeprazole for the reflux. He didn't have any welts or rashes or anything else though. Sounds like your son definitely has an allergy!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"