Formula Feeding

She cries after every feeding!

Baby girl is 3 weeks and 2 days old today.  We have been using Similac Advance since she was born with no problems.  However, over the last five days or so, after every feeding, she has begun crying a lot.  It ranges from immediately after to about 30 minutes after she has finished eating and will last anywhere from 15 minutes or so to an hour.  She isn't spitting up and she's burping well but she cries like she is in pain or something. I don't think it's reflux but I could be wrong.  I tried Similac Sensitive and instead of helping, that seemed to make the problem worse.  We have been using the Playtex Drop-in bottles. 

I've made an appointment with her pediatrician tomorrow but just wanted to see if any other moms had any experience with a situation like this.  I feel so bad for her but it's also wearing on me.
Me: 31 DH:36
DSS: 15 DS: 7
DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: She cries after every feeding!

• Can she poop? Seriously, both of my kids came out not knowing how to pass gas or poop. It seemed to be the worst from 3-8 weeks. If that's the issue, you will soon be able to medal in rubbing the tummy in circles and bicycling the legs. In our house, DH and I joke that we would be Olympic level athletes in tummy rubbing and doing bicycle legs. Good luck!!
  • Yeah, no problems passing gas or pooping. The pedi thinks she has silent reflux.
    DD born 1/3/15

• Loading the player...
  • it could be silent reflux, sure. she could also still be hungry - is she showing signs that she is finished at each feeding, or signs that she wants more? have you tried gradually increasing the bottle size?

you could also try probiotic drops.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would second being hungry! 3wo is ripe time for a big growth spurt. It you're offering the same amt she might need more food.
  • We have noticed that she seems hungry still sometimes after finishing so we have begun offering another ounce when she seems she needs it and that does seem to help sometimes. 
    DD born 1/3/15

• I'll look into the probiotics too.  I swear, this isn't my first baby (DS is 7) but it feels like it sometimes.
    DD born 1/3/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"