November 2014 Moms
Options

Question for @AmyG

Need your advice.....I am returning to work on Monday. I am EBF, LO will be 3 mths old on 2/11. He takes the bottle fine - slow flow nipple - but I'm having her watch a video on paced bottle feeding in hopes that he doesn't get over fed and runs out of milk. I plan to give her a little extra from my small freezer supply just incase she were to get into that situation. I plan to pump at work and provide her with milk for the following day. So my question is, how many ounces should I plan to provide her with per day? I've read an ounce per hour I am gone....that doesn't seem like that much to me. I work 7:30 to 4:00 and I plan to feed him from the breast before I drop him off which would probably be around 6:45 am. He has been eating every 2 hours when awake, goes longer if napping. Thanks for your time and any help is appreciated!

Re: Question for @AmyG

• Options
    My LO eats 12 oz (4 3oz bottles) at her in home daycare. She's there from 7:30-5ish. I struggle to keep up with her feeding and fear I may need to add one bottle of formula in soon. I only have time to pump twice at work and it seems I'm barely taking home 8-10oz. I guess any breast milk is better than none as my freezer stash is slowly diminishing. Sigh :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"