March 2015 Moms

Shaving before birth

This is a weird one but for some reason this entered my mind today.... Should you shave down there before birth? Or will it be an awful idea because it will get all irritated? I usually shave it all, obviously gotten a lot harder since we are just 7 weeks away... Let it grow or keep it trimmed?

Re: Shaving before birth

• Loading the player...
  • I sure wouldn't want to deal with the itchiness of hair growing back while on top of recovery from delivery. Maybe trim so it's easier to keep clean, but hair has a purpose!
  • I really couldn't reach down there by the time I was ready to deliver. I had to have a couple stitches and my dr and nurses never cared a bit. I think irritated skin or bumps would be so annoying
  • Trim! I've been having a hard time shaving my legs, let alone anything else. My dr always says 'I've seen it all' so I'm not worried about a little hair.
  • My hospital requests no shaving after 36 weeks. Yeah, right!

• Whitfry said:
    My hospital won't let you deliver unless you've had a full brazilian wax. They'll do it there if they must, but it's an extra $300 on the overall hospital bill.
    Wow.  My hospital charges almost 2000 for the wax.  I really hope I can get the epidural before they do it...
    They totally should offer you pain relief before hand, since they require you to be waxed. I mean, seriously, how unreasonable would it be for them to not! 

• If you choose a design, make sure it is as soothing as possible, or your child will come out startled. My suggestions are:

Turtles (nobody stresses about turtles)
    A pond
    Kittens (not Grumpycat)
    A mountain vista (this also helps them associate with breasts)
    Miniature ponies
    Butterflies

Whatever you do, keep it soothing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bought a special trimmer and have been growing my pubic hair this entire pregnancy so that I can surprise my doctor, midwife, and hospital staff with a custom pubic hair design. The trimmer I bought is precision, so I should have no trouble shaving my masterpiece into my pubic hair right before my c-section.

I haven't decided between the baby Jesus, a stork, or a personalized portrait rendition of my O.B. I think he would find that thoughtful and appreciate my gesture, but he's not the most attractive man, so I'm not sure I want his face that close to my vagina until it all grows back out.

I'm leaning toward the stork.
    I'm a sucker for the classics... How about Gene Simmons complete with tongue? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• At least trim, for your own convenience. Cleaning blood out of hair down there sucks. Your doctor won't give a shit either way, I promise.

I agree! I scheduled a Brazilian 2 weeks prior so I don't need to deal with the messiness afterwards!!
  • If you have a C-section you get a complimentary shave job...such a great deal!
  • krapp88 said:

If you have a C-section you get a complimentary shave job...such a great deal!

Well fuck... maybe I should opt for that, and save the $2000 they charge for the wax...
  • Why not just get a $50 wax at a salon beforehand?
  • Why not just get a $50 wax at a salon beforehand?
    WHY DID NONE OF US THINK OF THIS?! HOLY SHIT.

Also, for the record, turtles kind of do freak me out. Especially the giant one at the zoo that's like 93 years old but never walks anywhere. Have you really just been sitting around eating leaves for 93 years bro? Srsly?!
    I think you've just unlocked the key to longevity. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My choice will be wax. Hurts like f**k but then child birth ain't gonna be no picnic
  • Whitfry said:
    I bought a special trimmer and have been growing my pubic hair this entire pregnancy so that I can surprise my doctor, midwife, and hospital staff with a custom pubic hair design. The trimmer I bought is precision, so I should have no trouble shaving my masterpiece into my pubic hair right before my c-section.

I haven't decided between the baby Jesus, a stork, or a personalized portrait rendition of my O.B. I think he would find that thoughtful and appreciate my gesture, but he's not the most attractive man, so I'm not sure I want his face that close to my vagina until it all grows back out.

I'm leaning toward the stork.
    What a great idea! Perhaps I should try this. I'm thinking a portrait of my MIL. I'm sure DH would appreciate it.
    Mothers in law look stunning in pube.
    You might also want to consider maybe a Bob Ross picture or even a portrait of him. After all there are no mistakes, only happy accidents. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • My choice will be wax. Hurts like f**k but then child birth ain't gonna be no picnic

So, it is going to be a picnic? That's what I'm getting from this.
  • cabauer9 said:

My choice will be wax. Hurts like f**k but then child birth ain't gonna be no picnic

So, it is going to be a picnic? That's what I'm getting from this.
    Where's the picnic? I'm starving.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"