LGBT Parenting

Parenting Check-In 1/26

Good Morning Everyone!

How was your weekend?  Any new milestones, successes or challenges to report?  

QOTD: A serious one first:  Do your kid(s) have Godparents (in either the traditional or secular sense of the word)?

QOTD #2: If you had $10,000 to spend on your child's next birthday party what would you do? (If you have multiple kids feel free to envision one for each of them, or a combined party - sky's the limit).

Re: Parenting Check-In 1/26

• Loading the player...
  • Twins are 6 months old!!! We started food with them. Quinn loves bananas and hates everything else. We kept feeding her other things and couldn't figure out why she was crying every time she was eating. I had an idea to try banana again during that meal and she stopped crying and opened her mouth and ate happily. I guess Quinn will be my picky eater. Weston on the other hand will eat everything and Quinn's leftovers!! He will even eat it if he obviously doesn't like it. We also started to kind of sleep train and get them into their own room and cribs. The first two nights were a nightmare! The first night they were in our bed by 9pm because they went bolistic! We also moved into their room with a mattress on the floor. Lol Well, it's been about a week and a half and it's safe to say that they sleep in their crib most nights. Sometimes they get in our bed around 5:30am. They are asleep in their crib by 9-10ish, wake at 1:30-2:30ish, then wake at 5:30ish, and last are up by 7:30. Next goal is to get us out of their room. I also went to the doctor last week for my annual and to see the chances of me having a bio child. I have endometriosis and cyst. She basically said it will be difficult with IUIs and maybe should just go the IVF route. I told her I didn't want to do IVF because of money and that we still have three embryos in the freezer. I think all I really wanted to hear was the final confirmation that it will be hard and lots of money to conceive a bio child. I wanted to finally let it go and to use Ally's embryos. I am ok with this but there was and kind of still is the little sadness that I won't have a bio child. It was getting a bit harder too because Ally's family was asking when are we going to have a little Rebecca running around. I am lucky for my babies and the fact that Weston looks so much like me anyway. I am lucky that I will be able to carry a child even if it isn't a "little Rebecca", at least I get to experience carrying a child. It's just a little sad.

Hugs for this.  While my wife is madly in love with R, I wonder if there is a part of her that will always imagine what her own bio children would look/behave like.  When we used my eggs she needed time to grieve for own IF issues and for feeling like her body was "broken".

We've talked and I said if we ever came into money and all our expenses were under wraps I would love to do one more try with her eggs and give it everything we got.  She seems to have made peace that her babies have come to her in a unique way and feels fullfilled with that. 

• Quick check in for me today..

R turned 11 months yesterday.

In BREAKING NEWS, R slept in his own bed the past 2 nights!  It was strange waking up in the morning without being slapped in the face or having my hair pulled.  Dare I say I missed him. 

He is getting more interested in solids, which is great.  We have confirmation that he has a dairy sensitivity/allergy.  We will need to see how this shakes out with introducing WCM.  Perhaps R will get his wish after all and be breastfed for life.  With all this talk on the board today about donor's, we changed donor's so many times that towards the end we were like, "Do they have a pulse?, ok that's the one"  So when we got pregnant with R, we ordered the extended medical history and low and behold our donor has a milk allergy.  Whomp Whomp Whomp...

Other than that, life is good with him

:x

QOTW:  #1, We know we want to have religion in their lives and have plans to baptize them both in the fall.  We are making Christening gowns out of our wedding dresses.  We have a few names of who the Godparents will be.  Our Godparents are not the same people named in our will.  We see those as two seperate roles.

#2, Gee only $10,000 ;)  I guess a nice oceanside lobster/clam bake with all our friends and family in tow.  I do realize R's birthday is in Feb, but this is a fantasy right?

• JGYJGY member

G is 22 months.  Holy.  Shit.

This will be pretty quick, as work is not my friend right now.

First of all, I don't think I say this enough here: I really love my kid.  He's pretty amazing and I think that a lot of the behaviors that I find challenging right now will help to make him a really successful person in his adult life.

We had a bit of a marathon weekend, but everything really went pretty well.  He even rolled with a 2 hour delay in his nap on Saturday and didn't get cranky or fussy.  I was pretty proud of him.  Yesterday I took him to my choir rehearsal as I do every week, but this week we had an additional practice session beforehand, for which we didn't have any care set up.  Well my little super-active guy sat happily in his carrier while I sang for 25 minutes.  I couldn't believe it!  Finally he came out of his stupor a bit and then wanted to try to sing along.  So I took that moment to take him upstairs and transition him to the daycare area.  ;)  But really, it was so SO cute.

We seem to have had no negative ramifications from the Tubes surgery last week.  All is well there.

QOTW 1: Ugh.  Not religious (well, I'm not.  S is, but does not go to church on a regular basis) so G will not be baptized and a "Godparent" would be more in the guardian category.  That being said, we still have not decided.  We avoid the conversation because it's emotional and it's hard. 

My Sister desperately wants to be designated.  She is a wonderful, amazing person and she's fantastic with G.  But she is an artist, has no structure or schedule, no money, and basically lives a life that is not at all condusive to having a kid/s.  Don't get me wrong, there are some really amazing things that she could provide to and for G, but we have serious doubts about getting the day to day stuff done.  Like getting to school.  Or just waking up.  Or eating something (anything) with sufficient protein.

S's Sister and BIL would be amazing guardians of our guy, and I do think they'd be willing.  They are wonderful, caring, loving parents to two boys already.  But they are struggling financially as well, and while I have immense respect for the religious views that help to govern their house, I am not all comfortable with that being G's upbringing. 

Yikes. 

(I should add that our insurance is pretty decent.  So I don't worry too much about the expense of "Adding 1 more kid to the household."  However in both situations, it would require a whole new house/apartment in order to accomodate the extra kid.  That's a lot.)

QOTW 2:  Airplane, beach, family (both sides), together.  Done.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• First of all, thanks for being here.. I just need a place to vent for a few minutes.  
    LB is 4 years and 3/4 of the way to becoming 5.  
    We had a horrible afternoon today because the bed liner in our truck flew out and hit another car. I'm still shook up about it.  Washington has a strict law about securing your load.  Yes, I did get a ticket for not securing my load (even when I was under the impression that the bed liner would not fly out.).    I feel worst for the other car - their window and parts of their nice car got damaged from a bed liner.. I hate that thing.. 
    In other news, we're working on transiting LB to his own bed.  At first, I thought that sleeping in his room would work, but nope.  Instead, we're having him sleeping on his bed at the foot of our bed.  He climbs over and joins us in the middle of the night - sigh.. I just don't have the heart to get him back into his bed.  
    Plan to keep working on it so that he can learn to sleep alone, but he just doesn't like to be without us.  It is so cute to see him turn around and snuggle with Mummum S, then turn back and snuggle with me.  Aww, but what surprises me is that Mummum is sleeping better than she thought (or so I think.)  She hasn't been in the bed with us since she started the sleep machine when LB was 9 months old. 
    LB needs me, so I'm off the computer for a while.  Hang in there friends. 
  • A day late as usual...

M is 7  months old and he finally rolled from back to belly for the first time (awake) on Sunday night! Of course he acted like it was no thing and he'd been doing it for ages. He's been doing it more and more since then and each time it's easier for him. He goes from sitting to kneelingish too. Crawling is sooooo close. He's really good at standing holding or leaning against something but still doesn't understand that is how he is staying up and lets go all the time. 

He is finally feeling better the antibiotics helped a bunch. It's great to have our normal baby back. I just love him so much. He has recently decided that he wants to try out for the breastfeeding olympics and tries to nurse in the most ridiculous positions, including sitting up. It cracks me up. He also likes to grab everything nearby while he is nursing, my face, flicks my nursing tops and straps, he's started biting again and giving me niplash, it's hilarious. Especially when he looks up at me afterwards with he shy little grin. 

@KH826 I can't believe Will has that many teeth! M doesn't have any and none are even close to coming out. 

QOTD 1: We aren't religious so don't have religious godparents. We have discussed guardians and have yet to come to an agreement on it. I would prefer my younger sister and J has no clue, and would rather pick a friend. My sister isn't financially stable and doesn't want kids (biologically) but she LOVES M and shares most of our values. I'd consider my step brother and his gf as well, but who knows. We should probably decide soon though, because you just never know and it's better to be prepared right? 

QOTD 2: Family trip for sure! I would take us all to a nice beach and have a super fun time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good Morning Everyone!

How was your weekend?  Any new milestones, successes or challenges to report?  

QOTD: A serious one first:  Do your kid(s) have Godparents (in either the traditional or secular sense of the word)? They have two sets of godparents b/c we couldn't decide between to couples.

QOTD #2: If you had $10,000 to spend on your child's next birthday party what would you do? (If you have multiple kids feel free to envision one for each of them, or a combined party - sky's the limit). Twins girls here. Ummm, since it would be their first birthday I think a vacation to Hawaii for M and I would suffice LOL. Other than that, definitely have animals there. We are big with animals and volunteering at a shelter. I would love to have a carnival type thing with games, etc.  BUT THE VACATION FOR M AND I WOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• JGYJGY member

@winstan1 Yes, our greatest hope.  And not at all surprised that you face the same issues and challenges.  Our boys seem to but cut from a smiliar cloth.  A really awesome one.  :D

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"