Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

how long after unprotected sex until you can take a test?

Wasn't sure how long you need to wait to take a pregnancy test after.

Re: how long after unprotected sex until you can take a test?

• Options
    Your rude! And I always have seen where it says you need to wait 4 wks .
  • Options
    Even if it was just 2 days ago??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure how any of of that work s
  • Options
    Yesterday. Definitely yesterday.

|| BFP #1: 12-9-13 | EDD: 8-23-14 | Stopped growing 8w4d | D&C 2-7-14 ||
    || BFP #2: 4-4-14 | EDD: 12-13-14 | Betas 4-19-14 *9,800* | Betas 4-21-14 *20,000* ||
    Alina born 12-18-14

• Options
    roselloyd said:
    It does not make sense how rude these people were to you. Says so much about where people today are going with their lives.

If there was a legit educated question here, she would've received legit educated answers.

OP, it's not about when you had sex last.  It's about when you ovulated.  Figure that out, and you'll understand better.  I suggest signing up at Fertility Friend, investing in a basal body thermometer, charting on Fertility Friend, doing the tutorials, and then you will truly understand how long you need to wait to pee on things.  Until then, do not ask such questions.

Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Options
    roselloyd said:
    It does not make sense how rude these people were to you. Says so much about where people today are going with their lives.
    Nope. It just says that people have way more common sense than the OP. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had a BFP as early as 9 days post ovulation.  It was faint, but it was definitely there.  Some people wait until a missed period, but I've never been able to be that patient.  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Wow this is not a friendly place. Glad I found out before asking anything. Thank you for saving me time.
  • Options
    Some people are so sad in their lives (even with a career and awesome house, etc.) that they feel better about themselves by making others feel bad. It's generally a defense mechanism so nobody sees through their thin, fake persona.

As for ovulation (the period when your body releases an egg to potentially be fertilized), I've had good luck with ovulation predictor kits...less guess work than BBT charting. I used Wondfo. You can find tons of info on creating a chart, etc. based on your typical cycle length. It might take a few months to figure it out, but the basics are that it helps you determine the best time to BD...good luck!
  • Options
    ...And since when does reading a book make you an expert on baby making. Delusional!
  • Options
    roselloyd said:

I was thinking the same thing. What a nice community, I'm scared to ask questions at all now.
  • Options
    I get it, you drank the BBT koolaide and now must preach it as the ONLY way to tell if you're ovulating. My husband is a doctor; he advised that the OPKs were the way to go. To each their own. I'm sure BBT works just fine for you.
  • Options
    OPKs tell you BEFORE you ovulate. BBT tells you WHEN you ovulate. Having a heads up makes sense, so you can plan accordingly. Again, I didn't say it worked for everyone, but it worked for me. With BBT charting, even if you get a slight fever from a cold, your results for that month are skewed...hence the guess work.
  • Options
    *lurking from J15*

These women know their stuff and I've had several ladies I work with start temping/charting because of how strongly they have recommended it along with their doctors and books on trying to conceive. As far the OPs post...if you don't know if/when you ovulated than wait to see if you missed your period...
  • Options
    As a registered nurse I recommend that you wait until your miss your period. Because if you take a pregnancy test before you have missed your period it will come out negative. Same goes for blood test and urine samples.
  • Options
    This is one of the first boards I've read and the level of hate and nastiness towards one another is appalling. When are we going to stop tearing each other down and start building each other up with compassion and understanding? It does a woman no good to be an anonymous bully on a Bump blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"