April 2015 Moms

Who will be in the delivery room?

Hi ladies,
Just wondering who you are planning to have in the delivery room with you (if you have already decided?)
"It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson

Re: Who will be in the delivery room?

• My husband and possibly my mom & sister too.
  • I think just my husband. I'm not 100%, because I want my mom to be there, but if she is there I think we would probably have to ask my MIL, and I don't really want that, so most likely just my husband.
    < Pregnancy Ticker >
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH only, like the first time. I wouldn't mind my mom, but I'm pretty sure she would get on my nerves, and I would kick her out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Just my DH, like with our first child.
  • Just hubby. More people in the room means I become angry and yell at wonderful doctors and nurses
  • Since I've come to terms with the fact that I'll look like a cave woman whose never heard of a razor by then just DH. Make sure you check with your hospital, some only allow 1 person during the final stages of labor for space issues.
  • rsaj0807 said:

My husband and my dog.

OMG LOLZ! Do you think they'd let my new puppy in the OR? I'm totally asking the doc next appointment.
    You guise! Think of the narwhals!
  • My DH and our birth photographer.

• I always thought I would want my mom and possibly little sis there for comfort, but now that I have seen how irritable I can get at the drop of a hat I think it's best for just me and DH.
  • My DH, and possibly my aunt who is a nurse and we're close with, to take pics afterwards (no in progress pics, thanks) b/c DH felt a little overwhelmed and like he missed out a little being in charge of taking pics of DS.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • Me, DH, possibly my sister again. 
  • Anybody that wants to be before I start pushing. After I I start pushing just my SO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• My husband

BabyFruit Ticker'>ticker 

• Just my husband and I. 
  • vickersh1vickersh1 member
    edited January 2015
    If all goes as planned then DH, mom and sister. Just depends when I go into labor and what not. My mom and I were there for my sisters labor so I would like for them to be there for mine if they want.

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• My husband and mom
  • My DH, mom and DD (she's 12)
  • What's a DH?
  • My husband and sister.
  • Anybody that wants to be before I start pushing. After I I start pushing just my SO.
    Is this your first? Because you're not going to want that, in my humble opinion. I wanted to please everyone last time, and was forced to painfully labor with my mom, Dad, sister, best friend, mother in law, father in law, and husband (of course) all staring at me for a thousand hours, and there's no way in hell that will be happening again. Oh, and DH's friends popping in... No. It was awful. You might have a different experience, but I'm telling you, it's so hard to have that many people to worry about and to have that many people worrying about you. Just my two cents! Don't be afraid to say GTFO. I will not be timid this time around! ;)
    Agreed here. I read @court476's response and thought: yeah right, famous last words. You ain't gonna want nobody around for a good long time before pushing unless you are drugged to high heavens or have the quickest labor in the universe.
    Agreed.  Nothing will make you feel like a zoo animal more then having people stare at you in the delivery suite.  Random family members that I don't even like would just walk in unannounced and uninvited.  I made everyone GTFO.  
  • DH and doula. That's it. I can't imagine having more people there. I don't even plan on telling people when we leave for the hospital. I want to labor with out having to think about time or who might be waiting for us. I'm also hoping for a few hours of alone time with my DH and baby before we are bombarded with family and social media and phones. We'll make the announcement to immediate family after baby arrives and then friends shortly after.
  • Defiantly DH and my midwives, our plan is to not tell anyone were in labour until she's born just need our time. And at least with my home birth we can lock the door :smile:
  • My husband and medical team will be there.  If my nursing student niece is home from college, I invited her to attend the birth if she wants.
    DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• My SO and my Mother. I'm glad that my hospital only allows two, because it means i wont end up with anyone else floating in!

• court476 said:

Anybody that wants to be before I start pushing. After I I start pushing just my SO.

Is this your first? Because you're not going to want that, in my humble opinion. I wanted to please everyone last time, and was forced to painfully labor with my mom, Dad, sister, best friend, mother in law, father in law, and husband (of course) all staring at me for a thousand hours, and there's no way in hell that will be happening again.

Oh, and DH's friends popping in... No. It was awful. You might have a different experience, but I'm telling you, it's so hard to have that many people to worry about and to have that many people worrying about you.

Just my two cents! Don't be afraid to say GTFO. I will not be timid this time around! ;)

Agreed here. I read @court476's response and thought: yeah right, famous last words. You ain't gonna want nobody around for a good long time before pushing unless you are drugged to high heavens or have the quickest labor in the universe.

Agreed.  Nothing will make you feel like a zoo animal more then having people stare at you in the delivery suite.  Random family members that I don't even like would just walk in unannounced and uninvited.  I made everyone GTFO.  

-----

It was hell.

Eta: my family and bff were all amazing. I was happy my husband had support, because he needed it. But in the end, I honestly just needed quiet. Everyone sitting there worrying made me feel awful. It's all about what I need this time.

I felt pressured almost. Everyone kept making various "hurry up baby" comments like it's supposed to help. My labor was 18 hours, I didn't need or want people there the second I was induced.

And yes, you're about to bring a tiny person into the world and that's scary. Quiet time is def needed to process what's about to happen!
  • My boyfriend and our mutual best friend will be in the room. She's the Godmother and will be in charge of taking pictures and keeping both of our moms out the room until the baby is here.  

• Husband and any doctor/nurse with the good drugs and that's it. Unless unicorn is an option then obviously I'd pick that! Duhhh
  • I think just my husband. I'm not 100%, because I want my mom to be there, but if she is there I think we would probably have to ask my MIL, and I don't really want that, so most likely just my husband.

nope, your body, don't invite MIL if you don't want to. 

With DD I invited anyone to the hospital, some stopped in and saw me prior to me getting extremely uncomfortable.  I decided when I was done with the visiting.  Only my Sister and DH were in the room when I was really uncomfortable and through the pushing.  Once baby was there, I allowed people to come see for a few min, then everyone had to leave so that I could nurse and rest.  DH and my sister were the only ones who I let stay.  Everyone was very understanding.

With this LO, I'm allowing DH, my sister, and his sister to stay in the delivery room.  They may not all be there due to travel and schedules, but no one else.  I plan on the same visiting plan after baby arrives also.  The next day, or at least several hours later I'll be ok with a few short visits.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Totes me, DH, our 4 dogs, my Mom, MIL, my cousin, my Dad, my Grandpa, a gold fish for good luck, and a cat.. just for funsies! 
  • My husband and my mom, just like it was with our daughter.  :)

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Husband and birth photographer, just like with my 1st.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • The father if he is able to show up and then my mother. Other than that, I'm telling the nurses that everyone else needs to wait at home.
  • I plan on doing the same that I did with my first. I allowed parents to come visit during labor but when it was time to push it was just me and Dh. I felt/feel that it is a moment just for us. I was glad with my decision and will do it again this time

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With my first, my DH for the entire time and one close friend (a nurse who acted in a doula-like capacity) just for the very end ~9cm till delivery.  Somewhat hilariously, my parents both appeared moments after the kidlet was born (as in, while I was getting stitches).

I'd be fine with that again, actually.
  • I am thinking just my husband and I. I am back and forth about my mom being in the room bc I am sure my mil will be upset I don't want her in there. Definitely not a lot of people though bc I couldn't deal with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"