June 2015 Moms
Options

Almost every post I read has turned into a negative thread

I get that people are annoyed when posters don't "search" prior to posting. But really, isn't the whole point of this community to be supportive of eachother going through this amazing but sometimes scary experience? Why not just skip posts that you're not interested in? Instead of berating eachother for double posting? I'm a FTM and was excited when I found this community/board/app for support with all the unknown. Now I just feel like it's become so negative and unsupportive that it's pointless.

Re: Almost every post I read has turned into a negative thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you don't care about other moms on here, then why respond?
  • Options
    I think it all depends on the dynamic of the birth month's active posters. When I was pregnant with my first, the board didn't mind separate "this is what I'm having and here's my a/s" posts, and flamed the living daylights out of people who thought about using non-organic baby products. I've never been very active, but the times I've posted I've never had an issue.. And have also gotten some very sweet and genuine responses back during an emotional time that I still greatly appreciate. Everybody will complain about everybody else no matter what. Everybody will tell everybody not to respond if they don't like want they see. Be it a mean comment or a lets all get along comment. Bottom line... We're all pregnant women. We'll never get along (joking but not joking on that last sentence).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I tried to type almost the same thing last night but my phone was being dumb. I as well have just been lurking have posted a few times and have gotten some constructive criticism which I learned from. This site was created to support eachother can we who have decided to stay on go back to supporting one another!
    And those of you who are rightfully pissed off, either move on to this new site or stop being so rude! There's no need for name calling th e people who are just now coming out...not everyone finds this site right away or some people just aren't ready to come out and speak.

But can I also please please ask that people start reading a few pages of the board before posting a new topic! Because seeing 5 out of 10 new topics of have you felt movement yet is getting old! And same with seeing baby names threads! There is already one that has been really popular that has about 13+pages to it read it!
  • Options

I've been on this board since October when I got my positive result. But a lurker for the most part. My theory is that there are women here who have struggled with fertility. There are women who have lost their babies. So, no, people don't give a crap about whether or not someone looks "pregnant" or "just fat". Nobody cares that you might be disappointed with a boy instead of a girl! There are women who are just happy to FINALLY have a healthy baby and for moms to post shallow, superficial crap is something worthy of mocking. We all have more important things to worry about than your baby bump or nursery colors or whatever old wives tale you want people to prove right or wrong.

I get that people have had losses and that's really tough to deal with. But that's no reason to be rude to those who are excited about being FTM. Yes there is a lot of fluff on there and honestly we all aren't lucky to be stick skinny and look like a bump at first some of us do start off looking fatter than like having a bump! Those posts are sometimes people looking for others that feel the same way! In the world we live in people are shallow and make fun of those that are fat. I am sorry for those who have lost their babies it's a very difficult thing to deal with and talk about. But like I said not everyone deals with it and theirs no reason to be rude to those that aren't dealing with it.
  • Options
    Your right I won't get what it feels like right now to lose a baby hopefully. But this page is not about losses and we all can't focus on that. I am truly sorry for those that have lost their babies my best friend gave birth to lose her baby and have been there for her ever since I found out about it and support her when she is having a tough day. This site is for moms be it first second third or tenth time mom's to come and be able to ask if someone is going through something similar or to ask about certain products they have used to help with symptoms or a baby product being a stiller crib whatever. If you ladies want to turn this site into just about loss than maybe contact the bump about a page for women to be able to do that. It's not that I don't not want to read about it it's that I don't want to read someone getting belittled for asking a question about something they are going through. It may not be as tough as losing a child but not everyone has been there.
  • Options
    This horse is dead. Please stop kicking it.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    I agree that this board should be for support. It's funny how when your post history, you've never once offered support to a loss mom or limbo mom. Hmm....
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    shalana11 said:

I get that people are annoyed when posters don't "search" prior to posting. But really, isn't the whole point of this community to be supportive of eachother going through this amazing but sometimes scary experience? Why not just skip posts that you're not interested in? Instead of berating eachother for double posting? I'm a FTM and was excited when I found this community/board/app for support with all the unknown. Now I just feel like it's become so negative and unsupportive that it's pointless.

QFP

::yawn::
    Me 29 DH 38
    Married 07.01.2011
    TTC #1 BFP 09.28.2014 EDD 06.07.2014
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    MCRM14 said:

Your right I won't get what it feels like right now to lose a baby hopefully. But this page is not about losses and we all can't focus on that. I am truly sorry for those that have lost their babies my best friend gave birth to lose her baby and have been there for her ever since I found out about it and support her when she is having a tough day. This site is for moms be it first second third or tenth time mom's to come and be able to ask if someone is going through something similar or to ask about certain products they have used to help with symptoms or a baby product being a stiller crib whatever. If you ladies want to turn this site into just about loss than maybe contact the bump about a page for women to be able to do that. It's not that I don't not want to read about it it's that I don't want to read someone getting belittled for asking a question about something they are going through. It may not be as tough as losing a child but not everyone has been there.

@MCRM14‌ your empathy is amazing. Remind me never to bother you with any feelings about my dead children. Wooooow.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options

shalana11 said:

I think the point is that the bump is for all moms. And certainly those who have experienced loss need support through such a difficult time. I'm glad this group can provide that. It still doesn't mean other moms or their concerns or questions aren't important. If you don't agree with their post, don't comment. The reason I made this post is because when lurking, I usually look at threads with the most comments thinking they have must some important info - nope. Just moms acting immature and mocking eachother. So if you want to be able to support those who have experienced loss than do that, because it sure seems like most of the posts on here are just cutting one another down.

You think most of the mums here are immature yet you've made a thread just to start some drama.

Hi pot, meet kettle.

GET OVER IT. Oh and we will start threads to support our loss mums because they were a valued part of this community and people who I have spent the last 4 months or so getting to know. Pardon me if I don't take kindly to a stranger to this community barging in and having a shit fit over our behaviour over the last couple of weeks when TB screwed over many of our valued members. I for one will continue to make my opinions known until I get the ban hammer. Either deal with or get the fuck out of my way.
    Nope didn't say most moms are immature. It's just unfortunate how the ones who are stand out. Start whatever threads you want. Clearly others will do the same with or without the negative comments.
  • Options

MCRM14 said:

Welcome to the New Bump, where loss moms are shamed into a dark corner where no one has to think about them, care about them, or show them any kind of love or support. Yes, this site will go on after all the meanies leave, but who would want to be a part of such a disgusting place?

That's not even close to what she was saying. Seriously. People have losses. They have threads, everyone supports them. GREAT. No one is saying not to do that.

But if someone wants to post a thread about something OTHER THAN a loss, it really doesn't need to be flooded with 40 responses saying "Someone had a loss today, your problem is nothing in comparison, you shouldn't be posting." Because this ISN'T the loss board. EVERY THREAD doesn't need to be about a loss to be considered "thread worthy." There are people in war-torn countries being raped and having their entire families blown up, should we only post about that and nothing else?

I have been participating on message boards (for different sports, not babies) for 15 years. On every other board I frequent, if someone posts a thread with a stupid question or whatever, we just don't respond to it, and it quickly gets buried. Problem solved. There is way less drama, and no crying over who posted what where. It is absolutely asinine to turn a thread into a .gif party or spend four pages flaming the OP while claiming that their one single post is somehow clogging the board while thinking your 75 posts responding to it and shooting the thread back to the top of the page aren't. 

You are NOT REQUIRED to respond to every thread. If you don't like a thread, DON'T RESPOND. If no one responds, it will be sitting back on page 3 by the end of the day, and you never have to see it again. That is how successful forums actually function. This forum was not functioning well before the TOU changes/bannings (obviously it isn't functioning well now either), because every other thread was a flame war. Flame wars that actually WERE causing serious posts about losses etc. to be pushed down. If you're afraid that someone will just post the question over and over again if they don't get a response, then report that post as spam and let the moderators take care of it. It doesn't have to be a problem. 

I refuse to go back and forth with people over petty things on the internet, so this will be my only writing on the topic. Thank you.

Are you fucking kidding me? Not once has anyone said, we had a loss today all other threads aren't important. You're clearly an ignorant piece of shit to even think that, let alone say it. What has been said is that all of the damn "guess my gender", "it's a boy/girl", "need help with a name" posts belong in the stickied boards.
  • Options
    @scoffey0615‌ let these old threads die. This and the other one you just commented on were almost off page one. Let them go. They're not worth the prime real estate on page one.

I understand by commenting I bumped this again, but you seem to be bumping a lot of junk. Try to stick to useful threads and hopefully we'll get the board back to normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't commented on much of anything until today. And I won't let a thread die without setting it straight. If that's a problem, we'll just ignore my post.
  • Options
    You are so right, it's time to officially say fuck this shit, and be done with TB
  • Options
    I'm so glad we have the new site. Some of these girls are just too much!
  • Options
    Someone call the wahmbulance!!!
  • Options
    shalana11 said:

I think the point is that the bump is for all moms. And certainly those who have experienced loss need support through such a difficult time. I'm glad this group can provide that. It still doesn't mean other moms or their concerns or questions aren't important. If you don't agree with their post, don't comment. The reason I made this post is because when lurking, I usually look at threads with the most comments thinking they have must some important info - nope. Just moms acting immature and mocking eachother. So if you want to be able to support those who have experienced loss than do that, because it sure seems like most of the posts on here are just cutting one another down.

I can't believe some of these women are about to be moms. How can these children even think about raising children!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"