January 2015 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Options
    I can't sleep. I'm just laying here dreading my flight in the morning alone with two kids, but also super excited about our trip.
  • Options
    LO apparently doesn't want to sleep tonight. I've been trying to lay him down for at least the last 3 hours with no success. He just cries until he is picked up. So we've been half-assed feeding this whole time. He eats until he goes to sleep then I move him to the pack and play, then he screams until he gets picked up. Then repeat. At one point FH suggested we just let him cry it out and I nearly punched him in the face. He's 5 days old - little too soon for that. Still, this mama is exhausted and I refuse to let LO sleep in our bed with me again tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Currently nursing LO and couldn't be happier. I love this little girl. Last night I felt so bad. We have her a little sponge bath and the afTer feeding her she spit up and it was everywhere! Even in her eye. I was kind of upset and just felt horrible even though I obviously know spit up happens. Our first doctor appointment is today so hoping it goes well and she has put on some weight!
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231‌ good luck if this is it!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Good luck @LuckyPenny1231‌ ! I've been up pretty much since 1am with random cramping/contractions but nothing intense or regular enough to call it labor. Looks like it's off to work for me in an hour!

@Smelh324‌ @misslizzy82‌ I hope yours turns into the real deal!
  • Options
    So I thought we were just going through a growth spurt at almost 3 weeks as we basically ate every 3 hours and slept all day. Nope just have days and nights mixed up.
  • Options
    Silly LO doest like to wake up to feed . After 1 hour of trying to get him up I gave up. 2 mins later crying. At least now he's kinda feeding.
  • Options
    I'm awake. Good luck luckypenny!

Feeding the babe, watching Nickelodeon. George Lopez is on. It was how I met your mother. I miss that show, it was good! I really need to go to bed earlier.
  • Options
    Woohooo @LuckyPenny1231! So excited for you!

We have company coming for dinner tonight and I have no idea what to make. I need to figure this out..
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    Good luck @LuckyPenny1231‌ !! I'm still contracting from yesterday waiting for the intentisty to increase. Kinda happy to have a day off
  • Options

LO apparently doesn't want to sleep tonight. I've been trying to lay him down for at least the last 3 hours with no success. He just cries until he is picked up. So we've been half-assed feeding this whole time. He eats until he goes to sleep then I move him to the pack and play, then he screams until he gets picked up. Then repeat. At one point FH suggested we just let him cry it out and I nearly punched him in the face. He's 5 days old - little too soon for that. Still, this mama is exhausted and I refuse to let LO sleep in our bed with me again tonight.

So much this right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am jealous of you ladies in labor! Every morning I have a few contractions but aren't very painful and then they stop. She can stop trying to be fashionably late and just arrive already!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I kept waking up in the night with painful cramping. But the way the last two weeks have been....no surprise that I am still at home and not headed to the hospital to have a baby....Blah.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    elleswarthelleswarth member
    edited January 2015
    I have what feels like food poisoning, but haven't eaten anything different than H or DD, and they're fine. No fever or chills, but definitely cramping and diarrhea. I wish I knew the cause so I don't give it to LO.

When do babies recognize days and nights? We're doing feedings every 3 hours, and she will sleep after some both in the day and night. DD1 was STTN at 4 weeks, no thanks to us. I wish I knew how to get this LO to do the same!!!

Good luck to all the mommas in labor today!
  • Options
    Idk what to do. I have an induction scheduled for tomorrow morning. I really really don't want to be induced! I'm thinking of canceling and seeing if I go into spontaneous labor on my own over the weekend. If I don't, it's a guaranteed induction on Monday. I'm so frustrated! I am on the verge of tears just thinking about it!
    I get so excited at the onset of any contractions thinking "Yes this feels like early labor" just for them to stop a few hours later.

My midwife is on call tomorrow, so she'll deliver my baby, which I've wanted the whole pregnancy, but knew it was a slim chance. So part of me wants to just go through with it, plus I get my baby tomorrow.

On the other hand, I am still not ready to not be pregnant. Gah, how I'm going to miss this! I have this fear of my induction being a long drawn out process again like my 1st. (29 hours! ) or it failing.
    If I'm induced, there goes my water birth I was hoping to have too.

I hate this decision I've got to make!

• Options
    My LO slept ok last night except I tried to get him to sleep in his PNP but he wasn't having it. I moved him to our bed and in less than a minute he was asleep! Wtf baby! He is super congested and snotty today/last night and needs to be propped in an upright position so he can breathe. I really don't want to be a co-sleeper so hopefully he snaps out of this need to be close to me phase...
  • Options
    Gotta get LO off this 'snack style' feeding. Didn't get any solid sleep until after 1am even though I was in bed at 9:45 I-)
  • Options
    Guess I was kidding myself, had a routine appointment this morning and made no progress... And I officially hate the nurse there. I told her my doula gave me exercises to help baby reposition better and get more consistent contractions to get things progressing. She said there's no such thing and baby isn't moving from where she is. The position she's in is how she's coming out. REALLY?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Idk what to do. I have an induction scheduled for tomorrow morning. I really really don't want to be induced! I'm thinking of canceling and seeing if I go into spontaneous labor on my own over the weekend. If I don't, it's a guaranteed induction on Monday. I'm so frustrated! I am on the verge of tears just thinking about it!
    I get so excited at the onset of any contractions thinking "Yes this feels like early labor" just for them to stop a few hours later.

My midwife is on call tomorrow, so she'll deliver my baby, which I've wanted the whole pregnancy, but knew it was a slim chance. So part of me wants to just go through with it, plus I get my baby tomorrow.

On the other hand, I am still not ready to not be pregnant. Gah, how I'm going to miss this! I have this fear of my induction being a long drawn out process again like my 1st. (29 hours! ) or it failing.
    If I'm induced, there goes my water birth I was hoping to have too.

I hate this decision I've got to make!

Have you made any 'progress' yet? My last 2 inductions took forever probably because my cervix was not ready yet. If you're already dilated, I would think it would make your chances better
  • Options
    DS2 was up and very hungry from 4-6am, but other than that, he ate at 10 and 1 and slept in between. DH went to work today and was saying we're going to have to "do something" about him being in our room because he couldn't sleep.

DS1 stayed in his bed until 9am - yay!

The LC is going to visit today or Friday. I might go to Michaels to get started on a birthday project I'm doing for DH. Other than that, relaxing at home today. There will be coffee!
  • Options
    @4littlebears Yeah, I'm 3cm 60% effaced as of Monday. With my 1st induction I was 1cm, and only because my Dr. Manually dilated me. I don't think I was ready then, in the end it was successful, long, but successful.

I hope that if I go through with the induction tomorrow, it'll be quick. My midwife thinks it'll go quick once she breaks my water, but idk at what point she's planning on doing that.
    I have my mfm this morning, so I'm gonna get her take on it, and ask some questions. Hopefully I'll walk out with an easier decision to make.

@kmf218 Thanks. I trust my body, I know it'll do what it has to do, but I also trust my mw and mfm in them pushing for an induction. The risks of not going through with induction are just too high.
    Hopefully he'll just set me into labor today!

• Options
    I woke up with contractions this morning which is something new. Tomorrow is supposed to be my last day of work. I teach kindergarten. This could be interesting!
  • Options
    @LaBellaVida‌ I am sorry! I know how you feel. My induction with DS1 was very long and I felt like I missed out on that part of having a baby (contractions timing etc). I am facing an induction again as well. Good luck in making your decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @LadyXaverian‌ congrats!!

Good luck @LuckyPenny1231‌

I have been having excruciating sciatic nerve pain, I thought it was gone after giving bothy but nope it's almost worse. I finally made a chiropractor appointment today hoping to get some relief!
  • Options
    Got a VM from my crazy SIL yesterday wondering when "my baby is going to be born". I am not a fan of my SIL for many reasons mainly because of lack of acknowledgement / responsibility for her kids mental state as well as hers and both inlaws for enabling her. (Please don't judge, my husband and I are very caring people and we have been trying for years to help, but you can't help people who don't want to be help). I have on several occasions explained to them how I want things to go on delivery day and days following, but from listening to the voicemail, my husband and I both figured that we better call to reiterate our plan of action. It is a good thing I did because my mil was shocked and acted like it was the first time she heard it. I simply stated that when we get admitted and settled at the hospital that we would let them know. When the baby is born we will let them know. We want our teenage step children to meet the LO before anyone else meets him. I specifically said that I do not want anyone...my family included ...waiting around while I am laboring, and certainly not when it is go time. Obviously depending on what time the baby is born we will call to let the grandparents and sisters know when they can come to the hospital for a visit. I then said after we get home and settled, we can schedule a time for my SILS two boys to come and meet the baby. Well....the silence was deafening...then my MILs tone completely changed. She was pissed that her 2 grandsons wouldn't be able to come to the hospital. I told her I am sorry she felt this way, but it is all about me, my baby, my husband and my two step kids. I just can't help but feel that it has fallen on deaf ears. I am so fortunate that my husband is on the same page, and feels the same way I do. We don't want to shut them out of our lives, but we need to be able to control the situation for the safety of our family. Sorry this rant was a bit longer than I anticipated.
  • Options
    5 days until my due date and family members are getting a tiny bit impatient.... giving me all these due dates.... I want a feb. Baby now. Just to piss them off lol

Feb. 3rd is apparently a full moon. So that would be cool.
  • Options
    Good luck deciding @LaBellaVida‌, my OB broke my water at 4cm. It went quite quickly from there, like I delivered within 3 hours or so after that. The longest part for me was just GETTING to 3-4 cm. But I hope you don't have to let anyone pressure you into an induction if you don't want one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"