Attachment Parenting

Bedsharing with two

o_so_in_loveo_so_in_love member
edited January 2015 in Attachment Parenting
I know it is not advisable to bedshare with two children at the same time. However, does anyone have any experience on how to safely make it work? Like putting the bed up against the wall and having one child on either side of you? Side car a crib? My children will be 2 1/2 years apart. Currently we have a queen size bed but plan on purchasing a king size bed.
? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bedsharing with two

• if you have a king sized bed, you could probably have your toddler sleep in between you and your SO, and put the baby next to you on the outside. of course, you'd need to either have a bed rail or be against a wall and make sure there is no risk of falling/entrapment. or, you could side-car the crib and have the baby sleep on that side next to you- then if they rolled away the crib would be there. alternatively, you could put your queen mattress on the floor, and have a twin mattress or crib mattress on the floor next to you, where your toddler could sleep.
  • We bed shared with our twins from about 7-15 mos. in a queen and then in a king. We'd still be bedsharing but they weren't comfortable and weren't sleeping well. I put a body pillow on one side of me and slept with a baby on either side (so 1 in the middle between me and DH and 1 between me and the body pillow).
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Put the toddler in the middle and sidecar for the new baby.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"