July 2014 Moms

Sippy cup

When do you plan to introduce one? and what type?

DS1 finally quit the bottle :) around 15/16 months. But I can remember at all when we introduced cups. I also remember not liking the straw cups because they were harder to clean.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

Re: Sippy cup

• DD got one of the little munchkin ones with handles for Christmas and I introduced it with a little water at the beginning of the year. She isn't drinking from it but she has the concept down and enjoys exploring it.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a bunch of different types last weekend.  So far he's not really into any of them   :-??

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am thinking about trying out the ones with handles as well

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• We've started all three of our kids on the Nuby cups with soft spouts and handles.
  • I've tried at least a dozen. We now have three of these. They are great!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• What do you guys put in the sippy cups?  Water?  Breastmilk?  Juice?

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

Yes this was my question as well

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited January 2015

What do you guys put in the sippy cups?  Water?  Breastmilk?  Juice?

I should clarify. I haven't used a sippy cup yet for my almost 6 month old.
    So I'm not much help there. Although I can say we didn't start any juices until well after 1 year with our first. So when I do start the sippy it will just be water or milk. :smile:

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I just tried giving DD an empty sippy cup tonight to start getting the feel for it. We use the avent bottles and they make a sippy so we got that one. She seemed to get the hang of it, sort of lol. 

[ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • We've been giving her a NUK and a Playtex sippy she likes the Nuk better because it has a soft top. We've been putting water in it. She just likes playing with it right now.
    I should clarify. I haven't used a sippy cup yet for my almost 6 month old. So I'm not much help there. Although I can say we didn't start any juices until well after 1 year with our first. So when I do start the sippy it will just be water or milk. :smile:

Same here, except we still haven't given DS juice at home (he's almost 2 1/2). I'm sure he's had some at DC, but we just choose to do milk or water.
  • Dd has two cheap nuby soft top sippys and enjoys water from it daily. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We did a straw cup. He easily sucks up the water through the straw. I've heard the sucking motion is good for speech. Since my other two had to do speech therapy I figure it can't hurt. We got the OXO version at Buy Buy Baby. They said that version was so popular they moved the display up front. I'll check back in with the exact brand later but it's similar to the OXO version. We only do water right now.
  • Adele had been drinking her formula and water from the sippy cup for every meal except breakfast and her last bottle. She does great. I've also been allowing her to drink water from a regular cup, with my assistance. She seems to prefer that.
    Pregnancy Ticker