3rd Trimester
Options

Should I pay family to watch my son?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and plan to go back to work full time, for now. My Mother, Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law offered to watch my baby when I go back to work. Should my husband and I pay them? If so, what do you think is a good amount? If they don't take any money from us, which I don't think they will, what are other gift ideas to give them? Any suggestions will help!! Thanks!! 
Sandra

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would for sure!  If they won't accept cash than definitely give them GCs every now and again so they know you appreciate what they are doing, GCs to restaurants, coffee, gas, etc.

• Options
    We treat to meals out every now and then. Paying is a reasonable thing to have on the table, but for us but it just wasn't what the grandparents' goal was (who both receive lovely pensions). In contrast, there are other family members we pay for different things because they have genuine financial need and this system works as a way for us to help them out but without them feeling stuck in an unsustainable cycle of hand-out or loans they cannot afford to pay back. So, the answer is going to depend on your family dynamic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"