BumpHQ
Options

Okay...whoa...

This board is obviously very heated today- at least on one thread. I can totally understand why people who have been on the boards for a long time would be upset about losing other members who they found supportive. People who have not been on for a very long time may not fully get that. Understood- that makes sense. However, as I was reading several of these people's reactions, I felt as though so much of it was contradictory. How are you going to make an argument for a board being such a great place for support and state that blunt honesty is the best form of support and then call someone a "c-u-next-Tuesday" (sorry, I really hate that word so I refuse to type it out.) And then also tell people "fuck you" and "fuck off"? I think blunt honesty is great. It is truthful. But I think it's sad that so many have to react the way that they do. It seems a bit immature and tantrum-like to me to call people names in all caps with exclamations. Maybe take a break from the bump for a while if you are so upset because it clearly is not bringing out the best side of you. And that's just me being bluntly honest, sorry if it hurts feelings.

(Feel free to call me out on any miss-spellings or grammar too, it's ok. I type fast.)

Re: Okay...whoa...

• Options
    No more pot-stirring! This is a pregnancy discussion forum.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RadiantlyRadiantly member
    edited January 2015
    Some boards are still chill. Like the over 35 boards who are a bit mellowed in the first place. But I'm hoping it all blows over and those that are unfairly banned are let back in soon.
    Edited for iPhone
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    I believe the posts like yours are what @Yellow1998‌ are talking about. I understand being outraged, upset, angry, hurt. But this is first and foremost a board for help, support and community.

We have been given a special task to be moms and not many get that blessing. How about we calm our language and thinking and leave as you have the freedom to do, without detrimental speaking to others. Its just downright mean, disrespectful and un-southern! *Blanche Devereaux voice* :-t
  • Options
    DovahFel said:
    I believe the posts like yours are what @Yellow1998‌ are talking about. I understand being outraged, upset, angry, hurt. But this is first and foremost a board for help, support and community. We have been given a special task to be moms and not many get that blessing. How about we calm our language and thinking and leave as you have the freedom to do, without detrimental speaking to others. Its just downright mean, disrespectful and un-southern! *Blanche Devereaux voice* :-t
    Are you....are you SERIOUS??? What the ever living FUCK is wrong with you?????

What the hell is wrong with you that you think no one here struggles with infertility?  I guess I'm not shocked, XO has already shown they don't give a flying fuck about women who struggle with fertility.  THIS...rather, YOU are the future of the board.  And the reason why any who weren't UNJUSTLY BANNED are getting out of here. 

Enjoy your shallow little lives. And enjoy the lies XO is feeding you.  You all seem at the intelligence and sensitivity level to be the sheep they are looking for.

I think that maybe @Mommykrisi assumed that since I originally posted on the August 2015 Moms board that all the ladies on this board  who were reading this post were expecting. I am sure she would not intentionally say something to offend those who have struggled with infertility or those who have suffered any losses. That certainly was not the point or the focus of her comment. The point was just to express how she felt about how the ladies treat each other on this board. And when it comes to people's "intelligence and sensitivity level", I'm not sure anyone on here should be the judge of that. It's apparent we are all sensitive to something. It's easy to see that based on people's reactions to different posts and comments. But don't call people out for being too sensitive when you're deciding to use all caps and the "f" word in your responses.
  • Options
    Typing in all caps and throwing a tantrum on the internet is embarrassing...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"