March 2014 Moms

Anyone CIO?

ds is 10 months. We attempted cio around 6 months and was great for a couple of weeks, and then he got teeth.

The past 4 months it seems like it was always something. Now, it seems I have a very spoiled baby that thinks he needs to nurse every 2-3 hours!

We tried going back to CIO Sunday night, but he stands in his crib, and will not go back to sleep!

Any suggestions?
Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

Re: Anyone CIO?

• We are having similar problems where some nights she has started waking up again crying after SSTN for a while. She has multiple pacis in the crib and was able to find them herself before, but now she will lay there and cry. I'll go in and comfort her and give her a paci back but often as soon as I leave and close the door she'll start crying again (harder). Multiple times I've had to pick her up and rock her a bit to settle her down. A few times the only thing that would work is feeding her after which she slept the rest of the night. I'm still unsure if it is hunger, teething, nightmares, separation anxiety, or what. I know she is capable of SSTN and we were able to get her doing that without using CIO, so I would hate to start now.

I've tried letting her cry for a bit sometimes (5-10 minutes) but it just seems to escalate and my heart breaks to hear her, particularly since I don't know what it is and I'd hate to ignore her if she really needs me.

The only other thing I can think of is that her sleepsack (which she is very attached to) is starting to get a little small - particularly to pull up to her face and snuggle like she used to. Unfortunately the Halo muslin ones are impossible to find in Large size anywhere. I ordered them direct from manufacturer but they don't give an estimated shipping/delivery date. Bleh.

TL;DR: you aren't alone :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I try not to pick him up if I go back in there. I do continue to lay him down and rub his back to calm him down. I try to walk out fast so he does not see but if he does cry again, I wait about 10 minutes unless its blood curdling screams. If he is crying normal, I wait 10 minutes and then wait by the door for another minute. Then go in again and start the process again. Lay him down, rub his back, calm down. I might do this process a few time while in there. Once calm walk out and start the clock again. It probably took a few weeks, but LO is at school so I only get to work on this process on the weekends.

• Loading the player...

• We are having similar problems where some nights she has started waking up again crying after SSTN for a while. She has multiple pacis in the crib and was able to find them herself before, but now she will lay there and cry. I'll go in and comfort her and give her a paci back but often as soon as I leave and close the door she'll start crying again (harder). Multiple times I've had to pick her up and rock her a bit to settle her down. A few times the only thing that would work is feeding her after which she slept the rest of the night. I'm still unsure if it is hunger, teething, nightmares, separation anxiety, or what. I know she is capable of SSTN and we were able to get her doing that without using CIO, so I would hate to start now.

I've tried letting her cry for a bit sometimes (5-10 minutes) but it just seems to escalate and my heart breaks to hear her, particularly since I don't know what it is and I'd hate to ignore her if she really needs me.

The only other thing I can think of is that her sleepsack (which she is very attached to) is starting to get a little small - particularly to pull up to her face and snuggle like she used to. Unfortunately the Halo muslin ones are impossible to find in Large size anywhere. I ordered them direct from manufacturer but they don't give an estimated shipping/delivery date. Bleh.

TL;DR: you aren't alone :-/
    This exactly for us too - except for the last paragraph (his wearable blanket is fine).  We are at a loss and don't know what to do either!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We did it recently with our 10 month old and it worked great. I went from nursing him 1-3 times a night and trying to rock him to sleep to him waking up at most once. If he wakes up, I'm able to go in 1-3 times and reassure him and he'll usually fall back asleep without me picking him up or nursing him.

I used this site - https://noobmommy.com/2008/11/to-ferberize-or-not-to-ferberize.html
  • We did a kind of cry it out with checks at 5,10 and 15 minutes. And it worked well for a bit until teeth happened :/

We are doing some of it again but not as strict I guess. Now she knows how to put herself to sleep and only "cries" for less than 10/20 minutes. If it goes longer than that I know something's wrong so I go in. We try not to pick her up from bed unless she's completely upset but we'll tell her we love her, she's doing well, and sometimes give her a kiss.

Right now she's teething 3 new teeth (not fair) and trying to learn how to walk so she's been up frequently but she slept last night with only one wake up!

We used the sleep easy solution. Good for older babies and easy to read. I read it in two hours:)
    Good luck!
  • @babycaps how does your LO go down for naps? I feel like weve followed similar methods and have had similar issues. We finally started getting on board with putting her down awake for everything but a lot of our afternoon naps are miserable. She plays in her crib for 20-30 minutes, then starts crying for another 20-30. I don't think its sposed to be like this for this long. And yet Im pretty sure she's tired because she's giving cues, its the appropriate amount of awake time.
    I can't imagine doing all this with another child running around! How am I ever gonna have another??

• I did at 8 months and it was the best decision I ever made.  She STTN (8pm-7am) every night and if she cries it is usually for only a few minutes before she goes to sleep.  the hardest part is to get over my personal fear of not being in there helping her...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We tried the gentle Ferber around 6 months. It worked ok, but he was never sleeping thru the night. Now, he will not go back to sap unless I rock him or nurse him....usually the latter.

and, he doesn't just whine/fuss. He screams like someone is ripping off his toenails. I guess I just need to accept the fact that I have a terrible sleeper, and hopefully he will outgrow it.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• @babycaps‌ hey there we did modified cry it out at 15 weeks and I have no regrets either. She STTN 7:30pm6:30 am it was glorious. until about maybe 2 weeks ago. Does your Lo when he cries ever lunge himself back or forward agains crib rails? We have been rushing in because she does this
  • I'm in the same boat as a lot of you girls! LO stopped eating at night around maybe....10 weeks? and from about 5 months - 8 months he slept through  the night with very minimal wake ups (just replace paci and walk out, maybe once or twice a night). the last 2 months he has been much harder to put down after he wakes up at night. I usually walk in, gently lay him back down, put paci in, and let him hold my finger for about 3 mins til he falls back to sleep. To put him down in the evening I get his PJ's on, feed him, rock him on my shoulder in his dark room for about 2 mins, lay him in crib and rub his back for about 2 mins, and quietly walk out. he will pop up and cry for 10-15 mins and then pass out, and every night he gets better (have been doing this routine for about a month now).

CIO during the night doesn't work at all for us....he won't fall back asleep. like ever. he cried for 2 1/2 hours once :/ IDK if there is any easier way to handle the motn stuffs, but he seems to be getting better now that his tooth finally came through. 2 short wake ups last night, 0 the night before. It seems like if I take a few nights and immediately get him back to sleep as soon as I hear a peep he doesn't get used to waking up at night (like he was doing for awhile).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"