LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Let us know what 10 things are on your mind today. Anything and everything is welcome. Ready, go! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options

1. I don't know how you all have time to read so many books! That thread made me feel like a slacker.... I really do love to read, but I am embarrassed by how long it has been since I picked up an actual (non-children's) book.

2. I have a sore throat today. I better not be getting sick! There has been soooo much crud going around at work. I was really hopeful that my usually stellar immune system was going to help me dodge a bullet. Don't let me down, self!!!

3. I am going to a 401k education seminar this morning. Fidelity (who my company uses to manage our 401k plans) offered to come in and do a free workshop with employees. I signed up, but I am hoping to not feel overwhelmed and bad about my retirement savings so far. For a 30 yr old I think my 401k is decent, so I hope to not have my bubble burst!

4. If I didn't contribute so much to my 401k every pay, I would have a lot more in terms of usable savings. When I think about the money we have and our "savings," I don't often include my 401k, mainly b/c I can't/won't touch it for another 34+ years. The several hundred dollars per pay check that goes to my 401k isn't missed since I have had this 401k since I started this job, and have always directed the same percentage of my check there. But now I am thinking about what I could do with those dollars.... MUST STOP!

5.  I have been having issues with my work computer, and it is super frustrating. I had a loaner computer for several hours yesterday, and all I had access to was really my email, my calendar, and the files that are on our corporate shared drive. I felt like I was spinning my wheels a lot and just making lists of things I was going to do later when I got my computer back. Dumb.

6. I am starting to think about when I will give up caffeine again. Maybe March 1st... Oh man, the thought of this makes me tired!

7. We have been trying to put shoes on Will when we take him out. He is not a fan. He likes to pull them off and throw them. Great. HAHA

8. My mother and sisters are driving me nuts. They have no idea that I feel this way, because I just act like my usually self and they are none the wiser. They have literally ZERO regard for the fact that we have a baby and I am a working Mom. We were just up there (6 hour drive to them from where I live) twice in the last two months (Thanksgiving and the weekend before Christmas)... now they want me to come back this Saturday (my brother is getting a Make-A-Wish, a country singer is coming to meet him and sing to him -- which is totally amazing, but I can't just take days off of work and drive up there on a moment's notice), then my sister wanted me to come back in Mid-February to surprise my mom for a bday dinner for her (my sister suggested that I leave J and Will at home and just come solo since it would be a quick trip and easier --- ummmm, no!!!), and my youngest sister wants me to come in mid-March (actually on MY bday) for her college siblings weekend. We are planning to go up in May for my middle sister's college graduation, but that was the next trip that we were planning. It is a lot of work and expensive and I have to take time off from work every time they want us to make a trip up there. They don't seem to get it at all. They seem to think I should be able to go up there once a month. NOTE: They have been here ONE time to meet Will when he was 3 weeks old. That is all. End rant.

9. I think I am getting tired of my usual breakfast -- banana and a greek yogurt -- I might need to try and find something different...

10. There are multiple movies playing right now (you know, at the theater, where grown up peeps go to watch movies!) that I would really like to see. Alas, I think I will have to wait until they come out on demand...      

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. I am done with work, mentally. I am going to pass on as much as possible- AKA "train" for the next 4 or so weeks. ;-)
    2. I really hope R is born on 2/2/15 (LOL) - it's a monday so i would get my dr. and it's only 2 wks early so no biggie! Also, would be way easier for work (we are super busy before V Day) 
    3. Speaking of mentally-- i feel so good/ dont even think about being preggo-- until i walk for approx 5 mins around a store then i'm shot. 
    4. So, I have not planned anything for the coming weekends (except 1 make up hypnobabies class)
    5. DW will be super happy about #4 but i reminded her last night that AFTER R comes... there will be none of that (LOL)
    6. I need to stock up on a few more things, but we did a mass BJs run & are pretty set for a while
    7. Our registry is basically empty (except some breast pump stuff I added just so I don't forget to get it) and now people are asking again.... (mostly work peeps)
    8. I set up an appt to get my taxes done, because I figured if R is late we will be super screwed if we don't try to do it early.  And if he is early, we can always reschedule :)
    9. we ordered a baby book from rag & bone- so excited! (i think ball& chain suggested this site? not sure  but thanks!)
    10. Ok back to work now- have a great day everyone! 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I've just woken up from my second night on the couch due to a cough. I think I'm way better!! Yay, because we both hate sleeping apart.

2. While I still hate that we have to formula feed, at times like this it's been handy. J has handled S two nights 100%! I feel like I got a little break in a way...two nights of uninterrupted sleep!

3. Things at work are slow and I'm not motivated!

4. Been slacking on WW but back on track. J reminds me we go to Maui in 3 months! That's still a good amount of time to get it done!

5. I pretty much only see friends if they come over to out house. Thankfully they do, but I miss getting out more easily. S is getting busier, has a bedtime routine, and a bedtime...

6. J I going to see Mates of State tomorrow night w a friend. I miss going to shows a little for sure.

7. S was in the best mood all day yesterday! We think she's feeling much better. I imagine as a baby, you don't get to know that you'll feel better/normal again. It must have been a pleasant surprise to her.

8. However last night, she melted down (my fault, I was trying to get dinner made and her playing sounds turned ugly and I didn't address it immediately...and paid for that poor parenting moment).

9. I'm ready to feel normal again. I'm better but not at all 100%.

10. S turns 5 months tomorrow!! Feels like she was born 5 minutes ago, or 5 years ago.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Morning ... 
    I too, have been "missing in action" as well.  Been very busy during the last month, moving into our new home.  It is still a "shock" to say after living in an rv for ten years.  I am still trying to adjust and here's the silly thing, I keep calling our home a "rig".  Umm, excuse me, it's not a rig! 
    =- warning.... I am going to be focused on my little guy, Little Bear - 4 3/4 years old. =-

1.  I need some ideas/support on trying to break our co-sleeping kiddo's habit. Little Bear (LB) refuses to sleep in his new bunk bed (bottom).  He states that he isn't ready to sleep without Mommie (me).  Mum-mum wants him in his bed now.  (She has been sleeping on the couch for the past 4 years.) 
    2.  I'm ready for him to sleep alone in his own room.  
    3.  We're getting a new mattress for our bed this week. 
    4.  Little Bear (LB) has been training for night time dryness in terms of "potty training" thanks to "Good Night Underwear/Pads".  He's doing really good about it.  
    5.  I'm frustrated a bit because I need support in three areas ... 
         a.  My car - been at the repair shop for three weeks - he hasn't done a thing since! 
         b.  Storage still needs cleaning, things have been in there for over ten years - dust and mice stuff --- ick! 
        c.  Read #1 - 
    6.  Why am I up early this morning? (Pacific Time - ) At least I have a cup of coffee in front of me. 
    7.  My brain keeps going back to #1.... I plan to tackle that with a book/story or two to help with some transition issues. 
    8.  My partner (mum-mum) might be sick - she has been coughing off and on for a while and did not feel well last night.  We might go to "prompt-care" this morning after we deal with the mechanic. (see #5)
    9.  I think I just finish my rant? Feeling awkward.... 
    10.  Wishing everyone a wonderful day! Sending positive thoughts! 
  • Options
    1. B had a fever this morning and I had to stay home from work on what was supposed to be my first day back after vacation and a holiday weekend.  I feel like a mega slacker.  Fortunately S was able to take the afternoon off to relieve me, and my stepmother offered to come over at 11:15 after she is finished teaching so I can leave a bit earlier.

2. During his brief happy playtime this morning, I propped B up so that he was standing on the floor with his hands on the couch, then let go to see what happened.  What happened is...he stood.  Yikes.

3. After taking a break during the holidays and our vacation, I am going back on WW tomorrow and I am determined to make it stick this time.

4. I am watching the cat sleep.  Her tongue is sticking out and she is twitching all over.  Must be a good dream!  It's hilarious.

5. My stepmother makes custom slipcovers and drapes for a living.  Both of our couches are in kind of sad shape and money is tight, so she offered to make us a slipcover for one of them for our Christmas present.  She brought it over this weekend and it is awesome.  She is extremely talented and it doesn't look like a slipcover, it looks like it's been reupholstered.  I love the fabric I picked and it is Sunbrella fabric so liquids pretty much roll off it and it is tough and fade-resistant.  Plus it can be removed and be washed in the washing machine, and she made us a second one for when the first one is in the wash.  It's perfect for a soon-to-be-toddler's home and I feel like our whole family room got a makeover!

6. I'm hungry.  Should probably get a snack and get dressed before my stepmother gets here for baby duty.

7. We should buy stock in Boogie Wipes (or whoever makes them).

8. My co-worker had a baby named Olympia.  I think I'm digging it.

9. OK, cannot stall any longer, must get ready for work!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

1.  I am thoroughly exhausted and it's only 7:45 am.
    2. Yesterday afternoon we toured the birth center we hope to give birth at.  It is freestanding, has three beautifully laid out birthing rooms and the midwives and doulas are knowledgeable and very friendly making it easy to feel comfortable with them right off.
    3. My wife's boss told her of having to have her cervix scrapped because pieces of placenta were left behind after birth, and now she is terrified of this happening to me.
    4. Our almost 11 month old Aussie, Kya, has started listening and behaving particularly well lately.  We have been able to leave her at home (she previously went to work with MW) with our other pup Jack without worry of her terrorizing the cats or our house.
    5. We received an email from our first donor, the one we really connected with, letting us know he has decided he misses San Diego and is planning to return.  He asked to meet us for lunch when he is back in town which is really nice but for some reason also feels strange now that I am pregnant with the help of another donor.  This is very unlike me as I am always up for keeping up solid friendships with people we connect with, but I am not sure where these feelings are coming from.
    6. I dreamt last night that we were having a baby for another couple and we took me to a parking lot when I went into labor.  Once there (or parked) I was hooked up to an IV and given pain meds but then soon after we were told I wasn't in labor and that the meds were wasted.  In the next scene, MW and I are discussing that we haven't even washed any of the baby clothes so she pulls out a pack of onsies that are resemble a wrap around dress with bra hook closures.  My thought is that the meaning has something to do with feeling as though we need to start preparing sooner than later.
    7. My car is in the shop, it is an older car we keep because it gets excellent gas mileage making for the perfect commuter car.  While my car is being worked on I have been driving a 5 series BMW which is gorgeous and hard not to fall in love with.  Then I remember we have two pups that love jumping in the back of our SUV soaking wet and covered in sand after dog beach which makes me realize a car like this just doesn't fit our lifestyle.
    8. My boss and two co-workers are out of town this week leaving just me and two engineers in the office.  One of them is an extreme hoarder and has major hygiene issues.  He was sent home last week due to his odor and since coming back has filled his office with scented oil plug ins.  Now the scent wafting through our office is that of his BO with a hint of tropical notes.  Needless to say this isn't helping my nausea.
    9. MW received orders for deployment at the end of February and since the birth center doesn't do ultrasounds sooner than 19 weeks, I am hoping to find a place where we can have one done before she leaves.  The deployment is short term but I would like her to have a picture of our little one to take with her.
    10. I am so incredibly thankful that this pregnancy is going smoothly, even with all of the exhaustion and nausea.  I can helped but feel overwhelmed with happiness at thinking about the incredible things to come.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!

1. I just realized I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Getting a little dizzy with hunger.  Many mornings I forget until late morning, it's just hectic in the mornings getting everyone else fed and dressed.

2. I feel pretty well rested this morning.  I don't want to jinx anything so I won't write more ;-)

3. Sienna is moving right along with crate training. She slept in her crate with the door open last night for most of the night and had no accidents in between going outside.  That is until 6:15 when I woke to EV's alarm took her out to pee and as I was brushing my teeth 5 minutes later she took a big poop on the carpet.  

4. I'm glad we own a carpet cleaner. I washed our bedroom floor a couple of days ago and plan on washing the playroom tonight.

5. Owen is standing holding onto my leg and trying to turn my computer off.  

6. My BFF is coming to visit mid-February. She's staying with us this time much to my wife's chagrin (they're not BFF's ;-)  Anyway it's daunting to think of having a house guest for a few days, but I took forward to seeing her, and to the date night or two she offered.  EV and I don't have any family nearby (except our in-laws and they have a newborn).  And paying for a babysitter seems like it would dampen an evening out.

7. Seriously where did all of these toys come from?  How can we have enough toys to have a playroom?

8. I stayed up late last night putting away laundry and organizing the baskets I of clean laundry so I can make some more progress today.  I have a bunch of old clothes, nice clothes that are sizes too small, worn out old clothes and maternity clothes floating around. I should just get rid of everything but since I can't buy more clothes right now I'm hanging onto them.  I've otherwise made great strides in our garage and unpacked most boxes.  Most of the boxes/bins left have old clothes and books that I haven't put away yet.

9. I can't find our important folder (the one holding essential documents and passports).  I feel like an idiot - I'm usually really good about these things but alas it's missing.  I'm determined to find where I stashed it today.

10. I'm not sure how to get stuff done outside of the house. Sienna isn't crate trained yet (and she's too young to leave for more than a few minutes).  However she hates the car.  I've been wearing her in the moby (to the park a few times and to run errands).  Yesterday she peed in the moby which doesn't really phase me (my days are filled with pee and poop and have been for years now).  But it makes it less than ideal to wear her out - plus I haven't wash it yet.  
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    10. B has double ear infections. :(
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    1. I'm attemptin going to mobile bump with one hand.
    2. Adalyn had her first fever last night. It was 102.3 when I finally called our pediatrician. The nurse Practioner called me back and told me to give her Tylenol, it's gone down now.
    3. I really don't want to haul all three kiddos to the Dr if I don't have to.
    4. We just went thru clothes sizes 6 to 9 months that we had in the garage. They are almost all clothes K wore when we got her almost a year ago. It's so bittersweet.
    5. I can't believe it's been almost a year, it feels like they have always been with us.
    6. We are planning M's birthday, my wife is going a little overboard.... As usual, lol
    7. I'm always so tired :(
    8. I always intend on doing to do the parenting check in and I never get around to it.
    9. I thought I completed this around 8am, haha I guess not.
    10. I did take all three kids to the Dr, Adalyn has a stomach bug. So far just diarrhea and a fever, oh yeah. At least she is sleeping ok, for now.
    Have a good rest of your day!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. Will it snow or rain tomorrow

2. Will work be two hours delayed 

3. If it does rain or snow tomorrow, I hope traffic isn't crazy so I can still get the wife to her hair cut appt. so she can get all pretty for the award she is accepting on Friday at work.

4. Trying not to keep TTC on my mind

5. Why does my fur-baby think its the best time to play when we are doing our step aerobics work out, I think he wants to get stepped on

6. We hope this pregnancy tea (with raspberry leaf tea) helps now/tww

7. Can't wait for spring

8. Not looking forward to doing our taxes

9. Wish our home projects we would love to do, didn't cost so much

10. For now enjoying a fun read of Taking Control of your fertility

:D
    Me - 31
    DW - 27

TTC since Aug 2014, HSG clear, blood work good, retroverted uterus (no reason to not get a BFP?)
    #1 Unmedicated b2b IUI-8/14 =BFN
    #2 Unmedicated b2b IUI-9/14 = BFN
    #3 Unmedicated b2b IUI-10/14 = BFN
    #4 Clomid/HCG trigger/Progesterone IUI-11/14 =BFN
    #5 Clomid/Progesterone ICI at home-12/14 = BFN
    #6 Unmedicated ICI at home-1/15 = BFN
    #7 Medicated ICI at home- 1/30 = BFN
    #8 Taking a break..... Maybe IVF if we win the lotto.

• Options
    1. Hayden is a month old today. WTH?? Slow down little girl!

2. I made my own nipple cream last week. It has been working out quite nice.

3. We went to ikea yesterday and bought a lot of fun things! The playroom is getting a makeover!

4. Our niece loves this baby so much. Everyday she comes in the house and says "Baby?!?" Then she looks for her. Then she wants to hold her. It is adorable! image

5. A's sister is pregnant and at 6 weeks already getting morning sick. So today our niece and I made some ginger pear preserves to try and help with the m/s.

6. Headed to the pediatrician tomorrow and excited for Hay's stats!

7. I am going to a training tomorrow and this is hard for 2 reason: 1. I have no interest in being away from my baby and 2. I am going to have to put on real people clothes.

8. I want to eat all the sushi. And I have been.

9. My Mom and I had a fight. It may deserve a seperate post. We don't fight often and this was a bad one.

10. Sending all the vibes in all the world to @StacyLH24‌ . Excited to hear the next steps!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    1. Just wanted to say thank you for all of the good and supportive thoughts I have received! It means a lot!

2. I'm having a bad attitude evening.

3. I'm hoping that some ice cream will cure #2.

4. I'm still decently sore from ER. I'm also having huge bloating issues.

5. Tomorrow I start three Benadryl a day. This will be interesting as I have absolutely no tolerance for those types of medications.

6. We slept in our bedroom last night. I honestly prefer sleeping in the living room with the mattress on the floor. The dogs sleep elsewhere when we are in the living room and I sleep better as a result. It's also convenient when I get up in the middle of the night to put wood in the stove. We are having company this weekend, so sadly our camp out in the living room does have to come to an end.

7. I finished my infinity scarf that I was knitting on my loom. I started another scarf and plan to finish it on Thursday. I need to find some buttons for it tomorrow.

8. I'm over the direction that my job is moving in. If I wanted to work in healthcare, I would have been a doctor or nurse. I feel stuck though because my job pays ok and has great benefits and retirement. It would be stupid to leave, and with a license in Social Work, I would likely end up at a non profit, which pays horribly, is where
    I used to work and I have no desire to work for any of the other non profits in our area. Only 25.5 more years until I can retire with full benefits....

9. I keep thinking about our 7 embies, hoping that they are still growing well and thriving.

10. Ice cream here I come!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Himee33Himee33 member
    edited January 2015
    1. One of my nanny kids has the flu. Day 2 and he's finally feeling better. I am constantly washing my hands. I can't get sick!

2. My BFF in Oregon finally told me she is pregnant. We don't talk as often because she works full time and goes to school, plus she wasn't sure what was going on with my fertility stuff. She's 10w1d so not far ahead of me. Makes me wish I was back home :(

3. I'm going to be sad if our group breaks up. This is my home and I would hate to leave. I'm not happy with the drama that's been going on, but I'm also not a huge fan of the layout of the new site. I like this one!

4. Nanny kids are currently reading books quietly and tooting. Lots of giggles. Super cute kids but currently really stinky!

5. My SIL keeps trying to talk L and I into getting a doula or midwife. L has expressed to her many times that it's just not for us, but she keeps sending us articles about parenting. I also don't agree 100% with the way she raises her child so it's hard not to get annoyed.

6. Speaking of my SIL, this weekend L and I are heading there for the night so L's brother can do my breaks on the Jeep. Should be interesting because the last time I saw her on NYE she was yelling at us for wanting twins "Don't you know how hard it is to just have one?! The sleepless nights and blah blah blah" I got really upset. She apologized the next day because she was drunk, but she also tends to make comments about how hard being a parent is and how she cherishs her alone time. I just feel like L and I should be the last people she vents to! Don't get me wrong, I love her but her parenting advice drives me crazy!

7. Speaking of the horrible NYE, my SIL's BFF and husband were there. They have been "trying" for 2 years to get pregnant. She is the one that originally got me upset because she was basically putting IUIs, IVF, ICIs and fertility doctors down because if you can't do it the natural way then maybe you aren't meant to have kids. I said "okay, when L and I go home we will try for the next 2 years and see if she gets me pregnant!" Sorry for the venting. I just wish people would think before they speak.

8. I don't eat fast food and haven't in years but the last couple days I have been craving McDonald's french fries. L always cracks a joke and tells me I need to pick a healthy thing! I just can't help it, they are sooooo yummy! :)

9. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and L finally hooked it up for me. Interesting to track everything, especially my sleep. I have slept like crap the last few nights. Can't seem to get comfortable.

10. Of course my boss missed her train. I have been here for 13 hours so far and can't wait to go home!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    @‌Himee33 - I am 100% with you on people needing to think before they speak.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    1.  We went out with our favorite couple and saw Selma last night.  It was good and intense.  I have heard that there are many criticisms about it, but I am not well enough informed about MLK to really weigh in on them.  (Case in point, I wasn't sure if he was going to die before the movie ended.  Kind of embarrassing, actually.)

2. I woke up at 4:15 this morning having a super weird dream that somehow combined the small town folks from Selma, and evil body-possessing aliens that made people really creepy and murderous.  I'm still unnerved, in fact.

3. I wrote a letter to my father and told him that I don't want to talk to him for a while.  He seems to be respecting my boundaries.  I told him that I loved him, but that I can't trust him right now, and that I need to keep myself safe.  I hate family drama.  I hate knowing that my family of origin has exploded and will never go back to the way it was.  I'll talk to him eventually, but on MY terms.  

4. Cat time has been going pretty well.  No major hissing or growling events these last few nights, and Millie, the newer cat, has finally blossomed into the snuggle-bunny with us that we knew she'd be.  Maybe someday the four of us can all cuddle together! Until then, the guest room is Millie's room, and probably can't be a nursery at the same time. :-)

5. So, I'm not really supposed to be researching donors, as it is putting the cart before the horse, but I think I found a great one online.  I hope he's still around when we start looking for donor options.  

6. Sweetie went back to work for a few minutes tonight, but hasn't come back yet.  We are gonna play a board game when she gets home.  We've been playing a lot of "Hanabi," a cooperative, card-based game where you try to build up a fireworks show together.  You have to be strategic about sharing information with each other, and it's been fun to figure out how to play.

7. I don't want to watch the state of the union, I just want somebody to tell me what happens.  NPR to the rescue!

8. I'm gonna sign up to run a 5K in April.  Running sometimes sucks, but training for "races" is one of the only things that has been able to keep me consistently motivated to exercise in the past few years.  I hate that I have to start Couch to 5K at week 1 again, but I want to start.  But, you know, tomorrow.

9.  I hate winter.  I'm so tired and useless.  (Probably exercising would help, huh?)  Bring back the sun!

10. Okay, Sweetie's still not home.  Maybe I'll go do dishes.  Good night all and happy Tuesday!
    -----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
  • Options
    @wittyandwaiting‌ all those birds and the bees videos are hilarious!! I laughed till I cried on some of them!

1. My wife has been accepted to a doctoral program. It is the #1 ranked program in her field and they offer generous funding. Our heads are spinning! She has not accepted but it would be hard to turn down.

2. This program is in a less than ideal location. We live in LA, I am born and raised here, and my wife is from Boston. I will do a separate post about this but I would love to hear from anyone here (1)living in the south (2)living in a state without gay marriage that is not exactly known for tolerance for the LGBTQ community. It appears that this city is a bit of a blue dot in a red ocean.

3. This university is flying my wife out to meet with their faculty for 3 days over Valentines weekend. It's a wonderful opportunity but it means I will be spending 3 nights alone with the twins (I'm scared). I've never done a night alone.

4. Obviously this would be my last academic year at my job. I actually do enjoy my job but I'm okay with this. Or I think I'm okay with this.

5. She applied to a few other universities in more desirable locations but those programs are not as well funded. We haven't heard from anyone else yet.

6. The boys are both babbling like crazy. O says dadada and nynyny. B says mamama, baba, and bada. And sometimes Obama even comes out. It's adorable. B has an especially broad vocabulary- he just seems to have a lot to tell us sometimes. O on the other hand loves to laugh. Sometimes I just look at him and he will giggle.

7. The bouncer that hangs in the doorway is our absolute favorite toy at the moment. They get in that thing and jump jump jump. Now when we hold them in a standing position on our laps they just start jumping like they are back in the bouncer.

8. It's 7pm and both boys are asleep. For the night? I'm not sure. Usually 7:30 or 8:00 is bed time.

9. We have (finally) transitioned from the RNPs to 2 pack and plays (with nice mattresses) in our room. I'm thrilled that they are sleeping in a crib-like flat surface. When they will actually leave the room and go into cribs... Not sure. I actually love being close to them at night.

10. I'm confused as to whether or not this board is moving. It seems we had agreed to stay put yesterday but then the new post about tb hiring mods along with other posts makes me think we actually will move? I haven't even ventured over to look at The Other Board.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    A day late again…

1. Count me amongst the sickies.  I started feeling quite badly last Monday- went to the doctor and tested negative for flu and strep.  Dr basically told me that I had a post nasal drip that was causing my sore throat, so I began taking steps to remedy that.  Later in the week, my throat started constricting to the point that I had difficulty breathing.  It was the oddest thing.  Was prescribed a steroid, which helped.  Then last night, Z and I both had the worst night.  Insomnia, extremely sore throat, and coughed up one or both of our lungs.  I tried to muster the energy to go to work today, but couldn't do it.  I'm working/resting from home.  Dr called me in an antibiotic, so hopefully it finally does the trick.  Sick of feeling sick. :(

2. And I'm tired of being tired.  After 3 extremely horrible nights, Ash is back on track with sleeping - but this still includes 2 night wake ups.  I'm feeling awful, so I'm not resting well anyway.  I'm really, really invested in night-weaning him within the next few weeks. I told Z that once that is done, I want to go to a hotel, pop a couple of Tylenol PMs, and SLEEP.  That sounds like heaven.  It's been ages.

3. I met with my realtor yesterday, spoke with a lender today, and I feel good about buying/selling later this year!  My realtor suggested that we consider building to get the most for our money.  Unfortunately, we're going to have to head to the burbs. :(  We can't afford a decent house in an area in Austin with good schools.

4. If we do go the building route, we need to make a decision within the next couple months to stay with the timeline we're hoping for.  That feels really scary and really exciting all at the same time.  I like the idea of building, but honestly I really wish we could afford an older, remodeled home with more character.  Oh well.  Can't have it all!

5. @2momsinCA - I live in a blue dot in a red ocean.  In some ways, I feel very isolated from the red and very protected, but the statewide politics are very real and very sad sometimes.

6. @ball.and.chain - so sorry to hear about the double EI!  It's so tough.  I hope they clear up quickly and don't return.

7. Is anyone else feeling strange about the potential fracture of this board?  I feel like some folks are leaning towards leaving.  I completely respect the reasons for leaving, but I'm also very fond of this community and it makes me sad that there could be some sort of break.  I think I would hesitate less about moving to another forum if I felt that new folks could find us.  I think about all the new folks who have joined since I've become a regular and they have added so much to this community.  What would we be missing out on if we don't give others the opportunity to find their way to us?

8. Work is stressing me out.  

9. Am thinking about checking out the Amazon series, Transparent.  Wondered if anyone has watched it and what you think of it.

10. I'm out of things.  Sorry this was such a downer post.  Feeling out of sorts today.
  • Options
    1. I'm also a day late. I had Monday and Tuesday off of work and yesterday ended up being a crazy day. 

2. M is super sick today (overall he and I have both been sick for a week) The last two days he woke up with his eyes stuck shut and has just miserable this morning. Yesterday I called the Dr. office and they said not to bring him in, just do warm compresses on his eyes unless the whites of his eyes turned pink/red. Well last night they were red, so we called and have an appt for this afternoon. My poor guy was so sad when I left for work :(

3. My rib is killing me. I finally went to urgent care because J was freaked out that I had cancer or some other horrible thing. The Dr. didn't to scans because treatment is the same regardless. It hurts so bad. Like worse than c-section recovery bad. 

4. Our nanny is taking another vacation next month. I'm so grateful that we have an awesome nanny and that we trust her, but it's really hard to coordinate when she is out of town. It looks like J and I will both have to take a day off work. 

5. We are still debating whether to finish our basement or not. Right now I'm leaning towards not and moving in 3-5  years to a bigger house, with a bigger yard. 

6. I don't want to move to suburbia though. We have some more thinking and research to do. 

7. I'm also really sad about the board possibly splitting up. I will keep coming here obviously, but I'll be pretty bummed if others don't stick around. 

8. J is supposed to start temping this cycle, ahhhh!

9. I check the donor sibling registry every now and then and no one has posted about our donor yet. Sometimes I want to, and sometimes I want to wait until our kids are older. I think J is more in the wait camp though. I think my biggest reason for wanting to is because I don't want our kids to be upset that we kept something from them.

10. My mom watched M solo for the first time last week and it went really well. She was supposed to watch him this afternoon, but we'll be at the Dr. I hope that she continues to improve her health I'd love for them to have their special Wed. afternoons for a while. 

11. Bonus...J's dad added me as a friend on FB. WTH?!?!? This is the man who wouldn't let me in his home and basically acted like I didn't exist for the last 6 years. It's silly, but it made me happy. And he is just the cutest with M. I don't know why he refused to ackowledge him for 6 months. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"