February 2015 Moms
Options

Harlyn Elizabeth???

2»

Answers

• Options
    Why did you bother to respond at all if my response was so stupid and inferior?  How would you like to stumble upon a board where everyone is ripping into your child's name and talking about how stupid it is?  Remember back when the movie Splash came out and the Darryl Hannah character named herself Madison and everyone said it was the worst name ever?  There are now so many Madison's that it's become passe.  I just thought it was rude and wanted to give my two cents as a child with that exact name.  No one confuses her for a boy, no one thinks the name is made up and my daughter has a strong personality and it suits her perfectly.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HarlynMom said:
    Why did you bother to respond at all if my response was so stupid and inferior?  How would you like to stumble upon a board where everyone is ripping into your child's name and talking about how stupid it is?  Remember back when the movie Splash came out and the Darryl Hannah character named herself Madison and everyone said it was the worst name ever?  There are now so many Madison's that it's become passe.  I just thought it was rude and wanted to give my two cents as a child with that exact name.  No one confuses her for a boy, no one thinks the name is made up and my daughter has a strong personality and it suits her perfectly.  
    You sure like putting words in people mouths, so to speak, don't you...

Nice reference to a completely random old movie that a ton of people probably haven't even heard of.

I have so many gifs and I can't even use them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HarlynMom said:
    Calm down...I'm not sure if OP decided to name her daughter that but I think it is a horrible name. Calling people "red neckies" is rude and horrible as well. We were just giving our 2 cents about that name. Too bad you can't handle other opinions,  you should just go away now.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

What is up with all these people coming out of the woodwork to start drama today? 

OH YEAH, new TOU. 

They do, because they can...
    @-)
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @haleybug55, I love the new name! It's cute!!
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @haleybug55, I love the new name! It's cute!!
    @srcr2011‌ thank you! I hated Paisley at first. My mom suggested it over and over again. After going through ,what seemed to be, 10 million names I began to consider it and fell in love. Alissa is my middle name. It's not spelled the traditional way because my parents morphed their names together (Allen and Melissa). So it's a peice of me and them passed down. :)
    I love the meaning of the middle name. That is special.
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
  • Options

@hayleybug55 - I also love the new name. I'm also having a little love fest over here for you in general right now. Coming out swinging, girl! You have way more stamina than I do for all the crazy that is going on!!!

@KristinMTBell‌ I'm on bed rest. I have to get rid of my energy somehow. I also have no tolerance for BS and these 3rd trimester hormones make my temper even shorter when it concerns stupidity and BS.
  • Options
    I personally liked Harlyn. I thought it was both unique and beautiful. I also like the new name. And being you said you were country.... All I can think of is brad paisley so I think it does the trick. That was not meant offensively and I hope you didn't take it take way. I am from a small country town. I have a nephew named Dempsey after my grandfather and I'm jealous that my sister had a boy before me to get to use the name ;)
  • Options

I personally liked Harlyn. I thought it was both unique and beautiful. I also like the new name. And being you said you were country.... All I can think of is brad paisley so I think it does the trick. That was not meant offensively and I hope you didn't take it take way. I am from a small country town. I have a nephew named Dempsey after my grandfather and I'm jealous that my sister had a boy before me to get to use the name ;)

@cndupree15‌ No offense taken. It makes me think of Brad Paisley too! My paw paw passed away but his name is Billy Bob and my mom actually asked me to consider it if I had a boy. I told her I would to be nice but it was a blessing I'm having a girl so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. My town is only 2.0 square miles and we have alot of the country names floating around.
  • Options
    @HayleyBug55‌ mine is about the same way. Getting a small chinese restaurant was a huge deal. I live in the smallest county in the state of Florida. With the largest ffa chapter.
    I have friends with kids named Hayden, Brayden and aydan, and a nephew on the way named kayden. I love when people come up with different names.
  • Options
    @cndupree15‌ our gas station has been the biggest achievement so far. Lol we have a quite a few people names Ryder, rayden, luke, Levi, Mary Ann, john, Beth. I like living in a small town most the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"