Success after IF

Attachment to mom

Recently DS, who is 3.5, has a crazy attachment to me. So much to the point it's affecting his sleep. He has never had difficulties before but now cries at bed every night. Last night he told me he didn't want to go to bed because he missed me and was worried I wouldn't come home from work the next day. I promised him I would kiss him goodbye before I went to work and it resulted in crying and screaming for mama not to go to work.

I'm not sure what's going on or what to do. Part of me wonders am I not spending enough one on one time with him since DD arrived? Should I spend more "special time" with him or will that just fuel the fire? I'm kinda at a loss.

Mamas who have experienced something similar what did you do? Or do they just have to grow out of it over time?
image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2

Re: Attachment to mom

• It could be an age/stage thing. One of my IRL friends has a 3.5yo boy and they are having similar issues. She is a sahm, so a bit different. Maybe have him draw a picture of something you two are going to do together the next day? Has something changed at school that he is upset about?
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Well he only goes to preschool 2 days a week but it's a full day. He started back in sept. but has always been hesitant about going. Once he gets there he has a great time and doesn't want to come home. Recently one of his favorite teachers left though.

Thanks for the drawing idea! I will def. try it. So far anything I do or say won't really console him. I'm really at a loss!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds like it would be very frustrating! Has he watched something that had a mother figure leave? Or read a book like that? That's what came to my mind when I read your post. I really have no other suggestions, just a big hug!
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Do you work a traditional 5-day a week, home on weekends schedule?  If so, what about a countdown calendar out of felt?  That way he can visually see that you have to work for 5 days, but on the weekends, you are home with him.  And maybe pick one special thing he gets to do on the weekend with you and only you (if possible) to help excite him about the weekend.  Such as Sunday mother-son breakfast.  Even if it's just at the house, if YH can take her, you can do breakfast alone with him. 
    We recently made a countdown calendar for E to help her understand that daddy is gone for work for 12 days, then home for 2 days.  It's a flower, and each day she takes off one petal.  When all the petals are gone, daddy comes home.  Then they put the petals on together again before he leaves.  It's her favorite thing every.  She wants to count the petals several times a day.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • @Robeano‌ not that I can think of! But thanks for the hug.

@TJ1979‌ yes for the most part I work a regular work week. The countdown sounds great! I may incorporate which days he goes to school because he's always asking. That's a great suggestion. Mind sharing a pic of the flower? It sounds so cute.
    Also, DH also suggested the mother son date but I wasn't sure if that would fuel the fire.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • @Cwhitaker27‌ here's our flower countdown calendar. My BFF made it and E adores it!

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"