Parenting after a Loss
Options

Transition to toddler bed advice:)

Hi ladies, Hoping for some advice from you mamas with older toddlers! With #2 on her way shortly, I'm wondering if I should transition DD into a toddler bed instead of buying another crib. She'll be 20 months old when the new baby arrives. New baby will be in basinet in our room for at least 2-3 months so we would be looking at transitioning DD1 into a toddler bed at 22-23 months old. Is that too young or should we just get another crib?

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Transition to toddler bed advice:)

• Options
    We transitioned DS over the summer around 19/20 months. I didn't want him to associate the transition with a new baby. He actually did much better than I thought he would. First we converted his crib into a toddler bed (in the nursery). After a few weeks we set up his new room with the actual toddler bed. He took is naps in his new room and slept in the nursery at night for 1-2 weeks. Then one night I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his "big boy room" and he ran in and got into bed. We have not looked back. He rarely gets out of bed.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options

We transitioned DS over the summer around 19/20 months. I didn't want him to associate the transition with a new baby. He actually did much better than I thought he would. First we converted his crib into a toddler bed (in the nursery). After a few weeks we set up his new room with the actual toddler bed. He took is naps in his new room and slept in the nursery at night for 1-2 weeks. Then one night I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his "big boy room" and he ran in and got into bed. We have not looked back. He rarely gets out of bed.

Thank you! That's great to hear and I like how you transitioned him slowly. I think we may go for it!

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll be following this...we'll be doing this soon I think!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We put both our kids in toddler beds early, DD was 18 months DS was 12 months. We had to because I have little monkeys who could climb out of the crib and i was terrified they would fall and hurt themselves. My daughter was harder, i would sit with her for 15 minutes until she passed out and sneak out, too early and she would get up and cry. My son was easier because the kids shared a room and had bunk beds so he was never alone, he had the mesh side thingvto jeep him from falling out of the bed and his sister would chat with him until they both passed out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"